585,708 active members*
3,857 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Fanuc Robodrill

Greetings all,
    I have a Robodrill with a T21if control. My machinist had to do a tool changer recovery and now the machine is stuck in program O9040 and he can't get out of it. Not sure how it got in that program in the first place but, do we need to unlock the O9000 to get out of that program and lock them back up?

Re: Fanuc Robodrill

Did your operator finish the Tool Recovery procedure? I’m assuming he did it through the “Quick NC” side of the control. That part program, O9040, is more than likely a protected macro program used for the tool recovery procedure.

Unlocking your 9000 series programs via parameter 3202 isn’t going to unlock that program, as I said it’s more than likely a protected macro program. There is a built in function to disable macro protection but I don’t recommend that.

Was the tool recovery procedure successful? How do you know it’s stuck in that program?

Re: Fanuc Robodrill

As far as I know, he completed the recovery process and was successful. I haven't been over to our other location where the machine is located but, the operator said the program in memory is the O9040 program and he is unable to call up any other program. I'll be heading over there in a bit to see exactly what's going on. I don't want to make any changes to any macros, I just want to be able to get out of that program