584,817 active members*
4,900 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 18i-MA does not boot up!

Hi, could anyone help me in this situation? Fanuc 18i-ma does not boot. Added memory card and want to prepare it for new program upload. Going through menu looking for the card and suddenly system stopped working. After reboot screen is blank, " Load basic system" appears and suddenly disappear. Photos of led status on pcb is attached. Exact product code also in photo. Do not have any backup and etc. Machine: LazerBlade Profile600 2.5kw, CO2 laser. Any help needed!
    Do not find what exactly are these fault codes. Seems like a memory fault, but do not understand which memory. SDRAM? If you need more infor let me know.

Re: Fanuc 18i-MA does not boot up!

"Added memory card" is that a pcmcia card? It looks like a serious hardware fault, I would try cycling the power several times. Try starting in BOOT mode and do a sram backup if possible,

Yes the pcmcia card. After it rebooted few time. Nothing happen so decided to leave it and get help and think more about it before next move. My thought also was to make sram backup. If it will not allow me then it could be the main reason of this fault. That is may thoughts right now. Tomorrow will try to do this and post results here. Thanks!

Got this SRAM error (picture attached). Couldn`t backup anything from SRAM. Main system data backup was successful so other hardware seams ok. The bad thing that I do not have any SRAM backups at all
    Will try to write separate post, maybe someone could help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SRAM error.jpg  

Problem solved! Bought new SRAM module. Wrote to Fanuc customer service and asked if they have SRAM parameters file. Gave them Fanuc panel model and serial number and they sent me a file from archive in 10 minutes Machine booted up in seconds

Had responsibility to write final solution because in many cases not so many do this

Thanks for the update. I could not view the thumbnail.
    In the past I have managed sometimes to do a sram backup by selectively deleting part programs ; the parity error would disappear and the problem would usually not come back; cost to customer minimal.
    Could you tell me by pm or email ([email protected]) what the sram module part # is, and what you were charged?

Quote Originally Posted by Protestantas View Post
    Problem solved! Bought new SRAM module. Wrote to Fanuc customer service and asked if they have SRAM parameters file. Gave them Fanuc panel model and serial number and they sent me a file from archive in 10 minutes Machine booted up in seconds

Had responsibility to write final solution because in many cases not so many do this
    Always going to Fanuc tech regarding harware is a good way to go.In many cases is a problem of hardware compatibility and that info is not on Google