585,556 active members*
3,566 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post syncing my VFD speed with Mach3

Hi All! So I have the famous VFD HY01D523B. I've adjusted it according to my 1.2 KW 400HZ 24000 RPM spindle. I've also connected the spindle to my WI XHC V control board. The problem I have is that the speed on Mach 3 is mismatching with the HZ on the VFD. I found that when I put 12000 RPM on the program the VFD shows 214HZ which is more. I looked on the Internet and people are saying to buy Modbus, but I already have a controlling board. I've found also an Excel sheet that generates what's called: "Linearity.dat"
    I did everything from this video, but still, nothing changed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaQiOzQVcsk&t=314s

Is it a setting in Mach3 that has to be changed, or it's an adjustment on the VFD? How can I sync these 2two parameters?
    Thanks in advance.

Re: syncing my VFD speed with Mach3

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitar_p View Post
    Hi All! So I have the famous VFD HY01D523B. I've adjusted it according to my 1.2 KW 400HZ 24000 RPM spindle. I've also connected the spindle to my WI XHC V control board. The problem I have is that the speed on Mach 3 is mismatching with the HZ on the VFD. I found that when I put 12000 RPM on the program the VFD shows 214HZ which is more. I looked on the Internet and people are saying to buy Modbus, but I already have a controlling board. I've found also an Excel sheet that generates what's called: "Linearity.dat"
    I did everything from this video, but still, nothing changed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaQiOzQVcsk&t=314s

Is it a setting in Mach3 that has to be changed, or it's an adjustment on the VFD? How can I sync these 2two parameters?
    Thanks in advance.
    If you have the PWM set at 100 then just play with the Pulley ratio, also check the PWM Board output voltage at 12,000 it should be around 5v if not play with the Mach3 setting until it is.
    Mactec54

ok, the voltage on 12000RPM is 5.16. I tried to change the Pulley ratio but doesn't look like it's changing the HZ on the VFD. Actually, is it going to change the value on the VFD , or do I have to measure the spindle itself with a gadget?

ok, the voltage on 12000RPM is 5.16. I tried to change the Pulley ratio but doesn't look like it's changing the HZ on the VFD. Actually, is it going to change the value on the VFD , or do I have to measure the spindle itself with a gadget?
    The voltage changes the Hz on the VFD 5.16v is higher, than normal, the VFD Drive Hz reading is normally quite accurate 400=24000 200=12000

Do you have a trim pot on the Breakout Board that can adjust the 0-10 volts?

Do you need to test the RPMs no? just go off what the VFD Hz reading is all you need.

Here is a snip from the Mach3 setup manual, so if you can't figure the Pulley Ratio then you could play with the PWM to get the output voltage correct, if the Breakout Board does not have a trim Pot to adjust, try it at 98% or whatever number that will correct the voltage and Hz at the VFD Drive

As you can see how wrong that Video is when the PWM % number relates to an output voltage.
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The voltage changes the Hz on the VFD 5.16v is higher, than normal, the VFD Drive Hz reading is normally quite accurate 400=24000 200=12000

Do you have a trim pot on the Breakout Board that can adjust the 0-10 volts?

Do you need to test the RPMs no? just go off what the VFD Hz reading is all you need.

Here is a snip from the Mach3 setup manual, so if you can't figure the Pulley Ratio then you could play with the PWM to get the output voltage correct, if the Breakout Board does not have a trim Pot to adjust, try it at 98% or whatever number that will correct the voltage and Hz at the VFD Drive

As you can see how wrong that Video is when the PWM % number relates to an output voltage.
    Thank you! I don't have a trim pot on the breakout board, but is it possible to add one and connect it to the ACM and VI ports on the VFD? Or it has to connect to the 10V In on the VFD? I'm not sure where this one has to be mounted.
    I will try to reduce the speed with the percentage slider. When I made the PDF from the video I found that the shift is the same for all the speeds. So the same value of percentage should be applicable for all kinds of speeds.

Thank you! I don't have a trim pot on the breakout board, but is it possible to add one and connect it to the ACM and VI ports on the VFD? Or it has to connect to the 10V In on the VFD? I'm not sure where this one has to be mounted.
    I will try to reduce the speed with the percentage slider. When I made the PDF from the video I found that the shift is the same for all the speeds. So the same value of percentage should be applicable for all kinds of speeds.
    You need to adjust with the PWM % or by using the Pulley ratio

It also would depend, if the PWM to analog conversion is linear, most are not perfect.

I don't know what the outcome would be if you added a Pot to VI and ACM, it may create a short if you used remote control and a Pot at the same time as you would need the 10v supply for the pot
    Mactec54