584,866 active members*
4,936 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Greencut, Hycut, other "safer" coolants?

Greencut, Hycut, other "safer" coolants?

Looking for any experiences and/or opinions about any of these:

* LubeCorp's GreenCut Cutting Fluid (not the Plasma Arc Fluid).
    * Oemeta's Hycut system
    * Anything else that's
    * At least claiming to not cause dermatitis & respiratory irritation
    * Is easier to dispose of (yes I realize tramp oil makes it all an environmental issue)

I've seen a few posts on various forums from a year or more ago from folks are using the GreenCut & the Hycut and are happy.
    In contrast @mactec54 I did see your posts about Greencut causing rust. Certainly concerning. If you see this would you happen to know if they have addressed that?

Background - I have a CNC'd Bridgeport and will be converting a LeBlonde lathe to CNC in 2020 hopefully. Home / Garage shop setting. I use flood cooling & have devised ways to control splash & contain what does hit the floor. I've been using Trico TC1 which has been fine. I want to move to something as "non-toxic" as possible. I also use Accu-Lube LB-6000 in a squirt bottle when I don't want to fire up the flood system.

Others I'm considering:
    * Ballistol - been around a long time, gets good reviews, though it definitely a disposal concern it seems less nasty than many
    * Considering switching "nearly dry" and going with BoeLube or just spending a lot of $$$ for flood ... :-/

Thanks,
    -j

Re: Greencut, Hycut, other "safer" coolants?

Quote Originally Posted by jdelaney View Post
    Looking for any experiences and/or opinions about any of these:

* LubeCorp's GreenCut Cutting Fluid (not the Plasma Arc Fluid).
    * Oemeta's Hycut system
    * Anything else that's
    * At least claiming to not cause dermatitis & respiratory irritation
    * Is easier to dispose of (yes I realize tramp oil makes it all an environmental issue)

I've seen a few posts on various forums from a year or more ago from folks are using the GreenCut & the Hycut and are happy.
    In contrast @mactec54 I did see your posts about Greencut causing rust. Certainly concerning. If you see this would you happen to know if they have addressed that?

Background - I have a CNC'd Bridgeport and will be converting a LeBlonde lathe to CNC in 2020 hopefully. Home / Garage shop setting. I use flood cooling & have devised ways to control splash & contain what does hit the floor. I've been using Trico TC1 which has been fine. I want to move to something as "non-toxic" as possible. I also use Accu-Lube LB-6000 in a squirt bottle when I don't want to fire up the flood system.

Others I'm considering:
    * Ballistol - been around a long time, gets good reviews, though it definitely a disposal concern it seems less nasty than many
    * Considering switching "nearly dry" and going with BoeLube or just spending a lot of $$$ for flood ... :-/

Thanks,
    -j
    GreenCut I would not use it, even if it was free. most of these types of coolant will have rust problems.

Unist's environmentally friendly lubrication, have some good cutting fluid worth looking at, which I will use on new machines, builds.

I use Blaser and it is much better than most in all areas, you must keep the ratio/ mix correct with this coolant or it can be quite sticky.

Tramp oil is the biggest problem, when using any cutting fluid, remove tramp oil and most coolant problems go away, Tramp oil is what causes cutting fluid to go off.
    Mactec54

Re: Greencut, Hycut, other "safer" coolants?

I also use Blaser, have been very happy with it.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA