585,758 active members*
4,280 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

inserting M code

Hello, first post here. Have looked over the internet for info, no luck. Hopefully someone can help me understand this Fagor programming a bit. I use, what I call typical g-code (line by line) with my 3-D printer, and my router. However, we have this mill at work with a Fagor controller which used .pim files and we program it using the conversational programming. Questions: Is there software that will let you look at and edit .pim files? And, with my program set up with the conversational g-code, how can I add an M code to that program? I have a point that I need to stop the machine to change my fixture. I would like for the machine to go to that point and stop, like an M00. Right now I have to be at the mill at the right time to stop it manually. Well, today I was working on something across the room and I heard a terrible grinding sound; it went past the point where I need to stop it and started eating on the fixture! Please help, someone! And I thank you! This is a Fagor 8055i controller.

Quote Originally Posted by msgoodwrench View Post
    Hello, first post here. Have looked over the internet for info, no luck. Hopefully someone can help me understand this Fagor programming a bit. I use, what I call typical g-code (line by line) with my 3-D printer, and my router. However, we have this mill at work with a Fagor controller which used .pim files and we program it using the conversational programming. Questions: Is there software that will let you look at and edit .pim files? And, with my program set up with the conversational g-code, how can I add an M code to that program? I have a point that I need to stop the machine to change my fixture. I would like for the machine to go to that point and stop, like an M00. Right now I have to be at the mill at the right time to stop it manually. Well, today I was working on something across the room and I heard a terrible grinding sound; it went past the point where I need to stop it and started eating on the fixture! Please help, someone! And I thank you! This is a Fagor 8055i controller.
    Have you checked their programming manual. Quick search found this manual and seems indicate .pim file is just text file with different extension. And their manual have one section seems to be what you want. 5.7 Auxiliary function (M)

Manual link: https://aceronline.net/acergroup/manuals/man_8055t_prg_0901.pdf

Hope it is the controller you have but I always assumed most system followed similar standard.

Good luck.