584,808 active members*
5,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > DeskCNC Controller Board > Centroid Acorn Board Paired W/ a Old MicroProto Systems Driver Box

Centroid Acorn Board Paired W/ a Old MicroProto Systems Driver Box

Hello all

Ive lurked on the forums here for a while but haven't really found an answer or any examples of this set up

I recently picked up an older Taig with a 2000HD-ER (?) MicroProto System and I would like to drive the system with the Centroid Acron Board vs. Mach3 & DB25 to USB driver / adapter.

I know I can reconfigure this entire thing and throw more money at this project to get it 100% perfect - but I am looking to reuse the stuff I have to minimize my investment and get the job done.

At this moment I the DB25 connecter from the driver (mystery box) hooked into the Acrond DB25 port and I cant get any axis to continuously turn. I can get all axis to turn one step in one direction only - to get another movement out of the steppers in the one direction that works I have to press the reverse direction then the direction that works and ill get one more step.

Not sure exactly what is wrong - I know the box, board & cables work

Any input to help get this configuration going

Much appreciated

Re: Centroid Acorn Board Paired W/ a Old MicroProto Systems Driver Box

Maybe your step and direction connections are reversed?
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

I was thinking the pinouts on the MicroProto box could be nonstandard but I have no idea how to tell - I assumed the box had the standard db25 pinouts because the person I got it from was using a UC100 & MACH 3 ........unless the UC100 or match 3 has non standard pinsouts (still don't know how to tell)

I feel stupid - yep the Step Direction is reversed ..... soooo anyone who has a Acron Board and wants to run a Micro Proto Systems powersuply & driver - you need to go and custom map the DB25 pins and swap the step and direction

Quote Originally Posted by killacamm View Post
    I feel stupid - yep the Step Direction is reversed ..... soooo anyone who has a Acron Board and wants to run a Micro Proto Systems powersuply & driver - you need to go and custom map the DB25 pins and swap the step and direction
    Hello, quick question. By chance do you have the pinout diagram for the dsls3000 please?