584,842 active members*
4,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Anyone interested in a Discord chat server focused on Novakon tools?

Anyone interested in a Discord chat server focused on Novakon tools?

I use Discord for a ton of different topics for instant chat. Discord is a popular chat server that is used by lots of companies to create support areas for their customers (think a modern IRC server). If there was enough interest, I would create a new discord server specifically focused on Novakon products.

Anyone interested?

Scott...
    Instructional Videos for CNC Guitar Building
    http://www.rmgvideos.com

Re: Anyone interested in a Discord chat server focused on Novakon tools?

I've added an invite for the discord server. It's a 7 day invite for now until I see how to configure the invite on a more permanent basis.

Easier to create the server and get a discussion started instead of waiting for people to respond here

heres the invite.

https://discord.gg/2E6wvFga

Lets have fun!

Scott...

What would the Discord achieve that isn’t already being done by this forum?

Just wondering.

If you follow that invite below, you can use the web interface to see a server that I set up with a set of message categories that I thought would be interesting.

A few things are better in my mind.

1) No limit on PMs.
    2) Discussions are categorized by topic. Finding what you are looking for is a lot easier.
    3) Much better notification system. You can put notifications on channels where you are interested in anything about the specific topic, and the APP notifies you when ever there is a message in that thread. This, in my experience, causes a much more active community.
    4) Quicker responses to questions, feedback.
    5) Much more modern user interface. APPs for every major platform exist.

I think #3 is what I like best. Its community driven, but because its chat vs forum, this tends to get people a lot more active and lets say you have a question about "Hold down methods". You post to that chat channel and others that are interested instantly know about it and can respond. Also, I would see this going past a discussion about Novakon. Topics do not need to be limited to Novakon. for instance, feeds / speeds is a great topic area that isnt limited to Novakon, but its easy to create a topic area to discuss it / find what you are looking for.

At the end of the day its collection of information. Not unlike CNCZONE, the real difference is that the interface is a lot more modern, and supported by a TON of manufacturers already. Since 90% of the companies I'm interested in are using it, it becomes a 1 stop shop for information gathering.

Scott...