584,805 active members*
4,831 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Power Supply for PDB

Wake up Novakon Forum!!!
    A question.
    I'm looking for the model number of the power supply that is supplied with the Novakon tool changer. I've read somewhere that it is sized to also provide power to the power draw bar which will eliminate the need for the emergency light battery. Can anyone help with this information??
    Many thanks.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Re: Power Supply for PDB

Did Ray ever ship his ATC?

Hi Bill. This is the power supply that Ray had me order to replace the battery for the power draw bar. I have no clue about anything related to the tool changer.

Attachment 474322

Hopefully it shows up. I had to do a screen shot of my reorder attempt since it's not available currently from Amazon. I did have one fail. They're cheap, so I'd say order two from the start. Can't hurt to have a back up.
    Don't have to be too bright to be me

That's interesting, I was just using one of those power supplies to test an onboard air compressor. There's a bunch of different vendors for those on Amazon for about 20-30 bucks - probably all made in the same factory.

I was set to purchase one of Ray's PDBs for the Pulsar, but he never got around to releasing them. Gotta get my shop up and running one of these days...

Thanks Folks!
    That was the information I was looking for. I was concerned by the maximum current since the PDB controls is designed with a 50 amp controller in it. I searched fleabay and found a 12V 60 amp supply for cheap so one is on the way. Wouldn't you know that I ordered a pair of batteries last week (always by a pair) from Amazon for about the cost of the power supply and they are on the cannot return list. So, I guess I'll install a emergency exit light somewhere.
    Thanks again for the information. When I install the PS, I'll snap a couple of pix and update this thread with installation data for future reference.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

I only have the power draw bar and bought a LRS-350-12 power supply made by Meanwell based on Ray's recommendation. 12 VDC 29 Amp rating. It has worked perfectly for a couple of years now. If you buy a power supply I recommend getting it from a reliable source like Digikey or Mouser. Some of the electronics I got from Amazon have been dodgy.

I'm not terribly proud of the lazy way I installed it in the cabinet but it had to go somewhere and a temporary install became permanent.