584,814 active members*
5,355 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Selecting the correct Machine and Post-Processor in Fusion 360 for 6090 Mach3 G-Code

Hybrid View

Selecting the correct Machine and Post-Processor in Fusion 360 for 6090 Mach3 G-Code

It seems like there is quite a community here of makers and engineers.

In Fusion 360, I'm trying to export properly formatted G-Code for a Mach3 controller and have no clue if I should try to make my own Autodesk Milling machine setup from scratch, utilize the Autodesk YXZ generic machine, or select something else during the creation of milling G-Code. Additionally, there is a need for a "post-processor" in Fusion 360, which appears to be a Java script to help format the header/footer of your g-code and possibly reformat the internal instructions.

What machine or settings do people use who have Mach3 and need G-Code for their generic Chinese 3040, 6040, or 6090 CNC machine from Fusion 360?

I've attempted to utilize the post-processor from Autodesk called 'mach3mill.cps' for Mach3, however the G-code generated doesn't seem to run and gives no movement, which could just be bad header/hooter commands. The machine is a ChinaCNCZone 6090 with a generic Fly Motion / nMotion CNC Controller that is controlled via a laptop with Mach3 software.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Selecting the correct Machine and Post-Processor in Fusion 360 for 6090 Mach3 G-C

The Mach3mill G code normally works OK. Can you jog the machine from the Mach3 screen?

You shouldn't have to do anything special. Is Mach3 throwing an error?

The .cps files are indeed Java script, and are user editable, but I have found very few instances where I needed to do that and never in the Mach3Mil.cps.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Re: Selecting the correct Machine and Post-Processor in Fusion 360 for 6090 Mach3 G-C

Quote Originally Posted by power64 View Post
    It seems like there is quite a community here of makers and engineers.

In Fusion 360, I'm trying to export properly formatted G-Code for a Mach3 controller and have no clue if I should try to make my own Autodesk Milling machine setup from scratch, utilize the Autodesk YXZ generic machine, or select something else during the creation of milling G-Code. Additionally, there is a need for a "post-processor" in Fusion 360, which appears to be a Java script to help format the header/footer of your g-code and possibly reformat the internal instructions.

What machine or settings do people use who have Mach3 and need G-Code for their generic Chinese 3040, 6040, or 6090 CNC machine from Fusion 360?

I've attempted to utilize the post-processor from Autodesk called 'mach3mill.cps' for Mach3, however the G-code generated doesn't seem to run and gives no movement, which could just be bad header/hooter commands. The machine is a ChinaCNCZone 6090 with a generic Fly Motion / nMotion CNC Controller that is controlled via a laptop with Mach3 software.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Paste the code you are trying to run, and we can look at it, 360 does post some strange code format with some of the post processors that can be changed by editing the Postprocessor.

Try a Fanuc Post Processor as well, this is one that Mach3 uses, Mach3 is normally very forgiving with G-Code format almost anything works,

This could also be your machine or control as well, do you have a licensed Mach3 software, or the hacked version that comes with a lot of these machines.
    Mactec54

I am presently attempting the same thing can you respond with what you ended up using