584,849 active members*
4,123 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

RF-45 single phase motor

I have a Rong Fu RF-45 (not a clone, an actual Rong Fu) that I purchased a few years ago and am just now getting setup in my garage. I realized my RF-45 has a 3 phase motor and being in a residential zone I only have single phase power so I either need to buy a phase converter or source a new motor.

Anybody have a single phase motor for sale that is compatible with this machine? I'm also happy to trade since I (probably) have no use for this 3 phase motor.

Or, if anybody has a single phase version of this machine and know the motor model number or dimensions (frame size and spindle diameter), that would also be helpful!

Re: RF-45 single phase motor

If the motor can be configured for 230v then you can use a 1ph in - 3ph out VFD.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Ebay has single phase to three phase vfd inverters for just over $100. Best thing you could do for this,as you dont have to mess with belts to change speed. Been there, done it,

Re: RF-45 single phase motor

Quote Originally Posted by hazelnusse View Post
    I have a Rong Fu RF-45 (not a clone, an actual Rong Fu) that I purchased a few years ago and am just now getting setup in my garage. I realized my RF-45 has a 3 phase motor and being in a residential zone I only have single phase power so I either need to buy a phase converter or source a new motor.

Anybody have a single phase motor for sale that is compatible with this machine? I'm also happy to trade since I (probably) have no use for this 3 phase motor.

Or, if anybody has a single phase version of this machine and know the motor model number or dimensions (frame size and spindle diameter), that would also be helpful!
    If you have 240v single phase or can run a line or wire to the Garage, then a simple VFD Drive will get you going.

What is the motor Hp
    Mactec54