584,846 active members*
4,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal 5 axis, trouble with B axis/possible dnc

Fadal 5 axis, trouble with B axis/possible dnc

We just got out 5 axis fadal 4020 home, it has a 88hs control. We are using multi dnc to send g code. We struggle to get multi dnc to work, but found We had to delete the information that it was adding to the start of the code, and add "dnc" to the start of the code. Our code is in absolute, and we are having a strange problem, when it calls to move the B axis, it goes past where is should be and will try to crash into the table. Any suggestions or experiences would be a great help.

Re: Fadal 5 axis, trouble with B axis/possible dnc

Quote Originally Posted by sledhead306 View Post
    We just got out 5 axis fadal 4020 home, it has a 88hs control. We are using multi dnc to send g code. We struggle to get multi dnc to work, but found We had to delete the information that it was adding to the start of the code, and add "dnc" to the start of the code. Our code is in absolute, and we are having a strange problem, when it calls to move the B axis, it goes past where is should be and will try to crash into the table. Any suggestions or experiences would be a great help.

Never use Fadal before, but Use to run Haas and there is support a option is the setting you should turn on while machine run. Any B axis move beyond the setting will get alarm.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

What i found out with the DNC to work good at least with my machine is

to take the good baud rate and also tell the little card what the baud rate is before i did that it would not work reliable.

ihavetheCALMOTION LANCNC-FADAL MEMORY INTERFACE

i dont know about the code its adding maybe thats something you can change aswel ?

i hope this wil be of some help

The Fadal 5th axis requires signed motion commands in absolute or incremental. Any move from the current position clockwise (from the operators view) is in a minus direction and must be preceded by a - sign. Any move counterclockwise from the current position is is positive and does not require a sign in front. All commands must contain a decimal point.
    For instance, if you want to go from having the rotary axis horizontal at B0 to having it vertical, you must command B-270. If you command B270., it will try to move in a positive direction (CCW from the operator's viewpoint) and crash into the table.
    If you are at B-270., for instance, and want to move CCW by 15 degrees, you would command B285. If you then wanted to move CW by 3 degrees you would command B-282.
    If you get into full 5 contouring, I have found it best to program from the centerline of rotation for A&B for the best results.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by motogomi View Post
    The Fadal 5th axis requires signed motion commands in absolute or incremental. Any move from the current position clockwise (from the operators view) is in a minus direction and must be preceded by a - sign. Any move counterclockwise from the current position is is positive and does not require a sign in front. All commands must contain a decimal point.
    For instance, if you want to go from having the rotary axis horizontal at B0 to having it vertical, you must command B-270. If you command B270., it will try to move in a positive direction (CCW from the operator's viewpoint) and crash into the table.
    If you are at B-270., for instance, and want to move CCW by 15 degrees, you would command B285. If you then wanted to move CW by 3 degrees you would command B-282.
    If you get into full 5 contouring, I have found it best to program from the centerline of rotation for A&B for the best results.
    Hope this helps.
    hi
    thx for your information
    can i change format to -360*+360 for direction rotation instead 0to 360?

Unfortunately, no.
    That type of setting is in hardware (eprom) and not accessible to the user.