584,865 active members*
5,058 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > PhotoVCarve and VCarve Pro > ShopSabre Pro 408 - how to set up 4th axis, Z Zero, all in VCarve Pro.

ShopSabre Pro 408 - how to set up 4th axis, Z Zero, all in VCarve Pro.

I have not used the 4th axis on my Pro 408 yet, but I have a project that I need to use it on. I have no idea where to start. I have a 2D drawing of what I want to make, but I want to get started turning a piece of square stock into a round handle first. I’m using VCarve Pro 10.5 on a ShopSabre Pro 408 with 5 position Tool Changer.

I need help to learn how to set my Zeros with the 4th axis.
    Which post processor to use for the 4th axis? Some are preinstalled for my machine; which to use?
    I can use the wrapping/rounding tool path gadget, but I’m not sure how to make sure the tool path and zeros are right so I don’t break bits or crash the machine.

Basically I’m totally green and need to get schooled on how to do this. I can usually teach myself anything, but this is not my machine and I don’t want to do something really really wrong. Help!!!

Re: ShopSabre Pro 408 - how to set up 4th axis, Z Zero, all in VCarve Pro.

Give ShopSabre Technical Support a Call -- They are here to assist and will give you the most accurate information.

Quote Originally Posted by v8S10 View Post
    I have not used the 4th axis on my Pro 408 yet, but I have a project that I need to use it on. I have no idea where to start. I have a 2D drawing of what I want to make, but I want to get started turning a piece of square stock into a round handle first. I’m using VCarve Pro 10.5 on a ShopSabre Pro 408 with 5 position Tool Changer.

I need help to learn how to set my Zeros with the 4th axis.
    Which post processor to use for the 4th axis? Some are preinstalled for my machine; which to use?
    I can use the wrapping/rounding tool path gadget, but I’m not sure how to make sure the tool path and zeros are right so I don’t break bits or crash the machine.

Basically I’m totally green and need to get schooled on how to do this. I can usually teach myself anything, but this is not my machine and I don’t want to do something really really wrong. Help!!!

Re: ShopSabre Pro 408 - how to set up 4th axis, Z Zero, all in VCarve Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by ShopSabre View Post
    Give ShopSabre Technical Support a Call -- They are here to assist and will give you the most accurate information.
    I will call them. I figured they were tired of hearing from me by now.