584,802 active members*
4,983 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Meldas M3 Stuck in the tool change routine. Need help

Meldas M3 Stuck in the tool change routine. Need help

I finally have (HAD) my running to the point I was ready to try the toolchanger.

I typed in T1M6. The machine oriented the spindle, toolchanger came in, the drawbar opened. Then the spindle rose up, the carosel rotated about half way around ( From where it was moved 5-6 stations) Then the machine kicked out 1001 error LS24 not ready. I realize now I never put numbers in the tool register before commanding the tool change so no wonder it got lost

Now I can't do anything. I tried everything I could think of. Hit re-set, power off/ on. Even manually rotated the carousel with the power off. There is a couple things in the manual about registering the tool in the spindle that I tried and still no go.

I am sure someone else had this happen but so far I have not found anything by searching.

Please help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20191204_191552.jpg  

Re: Meldas M3 Stuck in the tool change routine. Need help

I would think that in an absolute pinch, you could reinitialize the machine. That should get you out of the predicament. I'd backup all the parameters and macros first, of course, as those will get wiped out. But I think you already know that one! :-).

Alan

Well back to pretty much where I started..

Re-initialized the control, re-loaded all the parameters. Found out the reason for the 1001 error was that the carousel motor had stopped between rotations. Once I rotated it to where the prox lit up the error was gone.

Now, I can mdi a G28 home on all axis, turn spindle on, orient spindle and perform G00, or G01 moves from MDI. If I command a tool change it gets as far as indexing the carousel and the carousel just keeps turning.

It seems as if something in the ladder isn't going ready for manual operation but I haven't figured out what it is yet.

Anyone know how to register the tool number in the spindle? The manual procedure doesn't work for me

I got in touch with Supermax today.
    Turns out there were some bits I had to change to get everything working.

I have to give a big thanks to Supermax's service tech I spoke with today.

That is awesome! I'm glad you got it sorted out....

I would encourage you to post your learnings here.... I regard these forums as the ideal place for self-help learning. Let's face it, a lot of our machinery is obsolete and/or the manufacturer is no longer in business. It really bites when your machine is rendered useless because a battery died and you lost that tool change macro, type of scenario. That is when we start searching the internet for answers. There is nothing more frustrating that running across a post that describes your exact problem, then a success message, but no information on how the person got there... And, of course, the person is no longer active on the forum. So... The simple solution is to post as much as you can about how you fixed the problem, and hopefully someone will use that information someday.

Yeah, that is my pulpit. :-). Anyhow, it is good to hear you have your machine running again. Congratulations!

I plan on posting the procedure I followed once I get everything all dialed in.
    What i don't know is if the bits I had to change would be the same for another brand or not. But I agree more info is better on a sunday night when your machine is down and the parts are due in the morning...

I was trying to adjust the toolchange height last night and now the toolchange stops after the spindle orients.....

I will get there! At least now I can take the tool out of the spindle with the push-button now.