584,865 active members*
4,765 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 15m pallet ready not working

Fanuc 15m pallet ready not working

Hi! After a ram parity error i have now re-entered all of the parameters, macros and programs that was lost. But for some reason the M60 command will not work, i have noticed that the "pallet ready" button doesn't do anything, it's supposed to light up and start the pallet change.

Are there any settings or parameters etc. regarding this i could have missed? This worked fine before the machine was reset.

Re: Fanuc 15m pallet ready not working

Did you restore the PMC parameters?

A couple of things you can look at as a basic starting point.

Parameter area 7071- 7089. Look to see if any value is set to 60. This would indicate that the M60 called a macro sub and there may be an issue there. It may also be a case where a parameter here is not set that should be.
    Confirm PMC parameter settings. There is really nothing in the NC area for M60 or APC in general (other than macro or sub) as that is 100% logic driven.
    Look in the ladder to determine where the issue lies.

Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    A couple of things you can look at as a basic starting point.

Parameter area 7071- 7089. Look to see if any value is set to 60. This would indicate that the M60 called a macro sub and there may be an issue there. It may also be a case where a parameter here is not set that should be.
    Confirm PMC parameter settings. There is really nothing in the NC area for M60 or APC in general (other than macro or sub) as that is 100% logic driven.
    Look in the ladder to determine where the issue lies.
    M60 does call on a macro that i know works. But pushing the pallet ready button can be done whenever as soon as the door closes and a program is started. But right now the pallet ready button isn’t responding so the m60 is never completed. The macro sub program is waiting for me to push pallet ready, but that button doesn’t seem to work somehow. It worked fine before so feels like parameter/ settings related.

You didn't answer "Did you restore the PMC parameters?"

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    You didn't answer "Did you restore the PMC parameters?"
    Yes i did. I finally got hold of the correct parameters! Might be slightly wrong as it’s for a different machine but everything seems to work except the APC.

APC needs a few things
    First Check Keep Relay on the Parameter setups and see if it has an APC selected ?
    Then check the ladders for the M60 that will let you see what conditions are required for M60 or Ready button to come on like 2nd Ref position on the control and door closed and pallet at 0 not 180 and maybe even a lock or locate switch on that front panel ?

Quote Originally Posted by lshingleton View Post
    APC needs a few things
    First Check Keep Relay on the Parameter setups and see if it has an APC selected ?
    Then check the ladders for the M60 that will let you see what conditions are required for M60 or Ready button to come on like 2nd Ref position on the control and door closed and pallet at 0 not 180 and maybe even a lock or locate switch on that front panel ?
    I’m checking now. In the LAD there’s a few lines relating to APC. APC front k, 2APC, M-APC, Special M-APC. No idea what any of it means though, except APC of course. Do you have a clue? Thanks

Do a search for M60 whats called a W search and can you see a Keep Relay on that line or take a Photo of it ?
    Just stay on M60

Do a search for M60 whats called a W search and can you see a Keep Relay on that line or take a Photo of it ?
    Just stay on M60
    )

See pictures. Really starting to lose faith. I did notice that when changing pallets manually the pallet gets stuck, seems like X0 is not quite in the middle, might have something to do with it.

But it’s strange because before i could push pallet ready in the middle of a program and it would light up and switch pallets on the next m60. I wonder what the button needs to be activated when pushed? Doors closed, ATC position etc

For the Pallet change to work it does it will use a G30 position
    or 2nd reference
    in MDI send it to this position
    G00 G90 G30 Z0
    G00 G30 X0 Y0
    Is the light flashing for 2nd ref position ? now try manually

Then do a W search for the R100.0 or R102,6 and see what they are for or have you a list somewere ?

Then do a W search for the R100.0 or R102,6 and see what they are for or have you a list somewere ?
    I got hold of the original parameters from japan and it seems to have solved the problem! Thank you for your help!

Hello,
    My memory has been erased. Can you send me these parameters to the original? I also need the 9000 programs.
    Please help me.