584,842 active members*
4,491 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > hello I'm in deep need for help for my desgin

hello I'm in deep need for help for my desgin

it's a cnc router 4meters long in 2.6meters wide (between legs of gantry)(the gantry it self is 3 meters) my gantry in total with everything on it is gonna be around 80 to 90kg with two belt driven motors(each 1.2 n.m) and one 1.2 n.m for y axis and another one for z axis (all the 4 motors nema23 1.2 n.m) with x and y belt driven and z with lead screw with all lenear rails 15mm cheap chinese ones 4 x axis 4 y axis 4 z axis with epoxy leveling under the rails and tighten with bolt from the other side of the angles rails are sitting on so I have more adjustablaty i need to know if my design is doable or does it have any flaws vibration or too much heavy for motors or deflection (mostly I need help with gantry and epoxy resin leveling base is not much problem) any help would be really really wonderful

Re: hello I'm in deep need for help for my desgin

Hi Arm - Your design will work just depends on what you expect it to cut and at what speed? Do you want to make titanium aerospace parts Not sure why you want to epoxy level on angles. Commercial angles will be twisted and not straight. 15mm rails are quite compliant and will conform to the foundation easily. Start with a straighter thicker section maybe a channel will be better as it will have less twist.... Looks like you intend to weld some things (I recommend you don't) bolt parts together instead so you can adjust. High strength bolts are better then rivets and there are many rivetted structures that have been around forever eg Eiffel Tower and modern aircraft...Its a large machine and your machine base will need to be more substantial. Vibration is always an issue with thin metal eg your angle irons.... Peter

The gantry will be better if its smaller then 100x200 and thicker. 4mm will be a bit springy locally...excellent globally but locally where you have your angle welded to it its not good. Better to have thick walls you can drill and thread to ....

Belts or specifically the steppers won’t be strong enough to drive a machine that big. Acme lead screws or ball screws are much better but at some length will wip during rapids, unless the diameter is increased. Then there is rack and pinion which is ideal but costly. At least for the Y axis and you need two sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dean - I disagree about the belts. If Armanla only wants to cut timber and plastic (??? he didn't say) then a belt will work fine. I've used 3Nm Nema23 with 16mm belts and they cut fine. One machine I use nema17 0.5Nm with 10mm belts and it cuts plastic and timber easily with a 400W spindle.... I'd use bigger stiffer belts then these as the machine is bigger and if the motors aren't bought yet I'd recommend getting motors with 1:5 gearboxes they work great nema17's with a gearbox, very strong little duffers with a big strong output axle........ Armanla has to tell us what he wants to do with this thing for targeted replies... Peter

hi sorry I want this machine for wood working purposes I don't need to cut metal only wood mdf plastic and tthese stuff also I wanted to do epoxy leveling course I'm not sure how straight I can make the frame mouse it's 2.6 meter wide it might be around 1 to 5 memilimeter uneven specially when I want to weld I'm worried rails are gonna bind and the angles are for me couse drilling and might not be accurate so I bolt them to have more room to adjust with a little bigger hole also I don't want the machine to be supperfast I just want to be able to cut a big sheets s of mdf cause I want to have a cnc shop with majorly cabinet makers being customers also what if I use round linear rails cause I'm really worried for binding because I've seen they have higher tolerance for unevenness because I don't have any machines surface also the upper part of frame where rails are gonna be installed is welded frame too but the legs will be bolted so it's 3 separate parts 1.gantry 2.upper part of frame 3.legs that are gonna be bolted so I don't need a crane to move my cnc also when upper part of frame is welded and epoxy leveled even if I open the cnc and assemble it again because the frame is welded it's always leveled also what if I use a 5mm gantry 10*20 cm does it still vibrate?

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi Arm - Your design will work just depends on what you expect it to cut and at what speed? Do you want to make titanium aerospace parts Not sure why you want to epoxy level on angles. Commercial angles will be twisted and not straight. 15mm rails are quite compliant and will conform to the foundation easily. Start with a straighter thicker section maybe a channel will be better as it will have less twist.... Looks like you intend to weld some things (I recommend you don't) bolt parts together instead so you can adjust. High strength bolts are better then rivets and there are many rivetted structures that have been around forever eg Eiffel Tower and modern aircraft...Its a large machine and your machine base will need to be more substantial. Vibration is always an issue with thin metal eg your angle irons.... Peter

The gantry will be better if its smaller then 100x200 and thicker. 4mm will be a bit springy locally...excellent globally but locally where you have your angle welded to it its not good. Better to have thick walls you can drill and thread to ....
    my machine clearance was 25cm so I wanted my y rails to be around 20cm apart to handle the torque better alalso
    hi sorry I want this machine for wood working purposes I don't need to cut metal only wood mdf plastic and tthese stuff also I wanted to do epoxy leveling course I'm not sure how straight I can make the frame mouse it's 2.6 meter wide it might be around 1 to 5 memilimeter uneven specially when I want to weld I'm worried rails are gonna bind and the angles are for me couse drilling and might not be accurate so I bolt them to have more room to adjust with a little bigger hole also I don't want the machine to be supperfast I just want to be able to cut a big sheets s of mdf cause I want to have a cnc shop with majorly cabinet makers being customers also what if I use round linear rails cause I'm really worried for binding because I've seen they have higher tolerance for unevenness because I don't have any machines surface also the upper part of frame where rails are gonna be installed is welded frame too but the legs will be bolted so it's 3 separate parts 1.gantry 2.upper part of frame 3.legs that are gonna be bolted so I don't need a crane to move my cnc also when upper part of frame is welded and epoxy leveled even if I open the cnc and assemble it again because the frame is welded it's always leveled also what if I use a 5mm gantry 10*20 cm does it still vibrate?

Quote Originally Posted by peteeng View Post
    Hi Dean - I disagree about the belts. If Armanla only wants to cut timber and plastic (??? he didn't say) then a belt will work fine. I've used 3Nm Nema23 with 16mm belts and they cut fine. One machine I use nema17 0.5Nm with 10mm belts and it cuts plastic and timber easily with a 400W spindle.... I'd use bigger stiffer belts then these as the machine is bigger and if the motors aren't bought yet I'd recommend getting motors with 1:5 gearboxes they work great nema17's with a gearbox, very strong little duffers with a big strong output axle........ Armanla has to tell us what he wants to do with this thing for targeted replies... Peter

also I want to finalize my design and start building in max 10 days so is there any other thoughts to consider ?

also I want to use resin polyester couse its cheaper

Hi Arm - polyester resin shrinks and will be a total disappointment. Do not epoxy level as this will be a disappointment. As its your first build do not weld, this will be a total disappointment. Bolt all connections. As its a big build its under done, as its for commercial use you will not get square or straight edges as the frame is not stiff enough as you have envisaged. If you make decisions on cost vs performance you will not be successful. You need to do more research, look at commercial machines that do this job and be clear why they look and cost how they are. Round rails are more forgiving for a first build like this. I suggest you make a half size machine to start, this halves many of your problems. The size of machine is too ambitious for you at the moment. If it was for non critical hobby use I'd say fine, go for it but you will not meet commercial cabinet maker tolerance in this machine. If its for standard kitchen type cabinets a good table saw will be faster and more accurate then this design. Peter

I would offer that it is possible to weld sub assemblies. You just need to take it easy and not overdo it. Too much welding will twist the components. Having a flat welding table helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Armanla - How did this go? or Not? Peter

Find images of Advent Calendar. ... Find your perfect advent calendar image. Free pictures to download and use in your next project. Advent, Advent Calendar.

https://whataburger-breakfast-menu.info/