584,849 active members*
3,889 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Milltronics MDI programming?

Question Milltronics MDI programming?

I"m working with a Milltronics Centurion 6 control. I'm new to Milltronics as I have ran Fanuc and HAAS controls. Is there any way to string lines off programs in MDI as the control has no end of block symbol? I tried plugging a keyboard into the control and use the end of block symbol and it doesn't recognize it and gives an error. Is it only possible to give one line commands in MDI at the control? Do I need to use a pc to load manually typed programs? Again I"m new to a older milltronics control and any help would be appreciated. Also if only 1 line strings in MDI can I just create a junk program to call up and edit it as a "clip board" or mdi program and use that for simple mill programs?

Re: Milltronics MDI programming?

What machine do you have?
    Do you have a programming manual?
    An internet search will find you a pdf downloadable from somewhere. Milltronics may even be able to email you one if you call them.
    Yes MDI will do one shot programs. The conversational side of it is great for doing quick one offs. Maybe two but any more just write a program.
    The conversational side is great and you can do a lot without a PC. A keyboard will make typing easier but you'll get pretty good with the keypads on the interface with a little practice.

You shouldn't need an end of block symbol. Once you enter your MID and hit enter it'll quickly verify and go into standby mode and the cycle start button will blink. As soon as you hit cycle start your MDI G/M code or the canned conversational cycle will start.
    Couple words of advice though. Pay attention to your modal codes! Another thing, if you MDI a quick canned cycle and hit cycle start the machine will move to execute but your spindle may not be running. I almost crapped myself learning this!
    Hit the spindle CW/CCW THEN cycle start if you are running MDI.
    I have an MB machine which is running the SLS version so it is a little different in a couple aspects from the "Regular" vmc software.

Re: Milltronics MDI programming?

There really is a lot of information about your question online with instructions. If that's not enough, write to their support. Good luck