584,830 active members*
5,623 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Help needed with wiring.

Help needed with wiring.

Hi All

First post here so please be kind, I have purchased a Chinese VFD (HY01D523B)its a 1.5KW 220v unit with an air cooled 1.5KW spindle.

the issue I have is connecting the VFD to the BOB, I'm currently using the controller pictured. Looking at the wiring diagram it shows 3 outputs going to GND, Start/Stop and AVI.

Can anyone explain what terminals this equates to with the VFD please as I don't what to blow either up..

Thank in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BOB.jpg   mach3USBCardWiringdiagram-800.jpg   VFD.jpg  

Re: Help needed with wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve8683 View Post
    Hi All

First post here so please be kind, I have purchased a Chinese VFD (HY01D523B)its a 1.5KW 220v unit with an air cooled 1.5KW spindle.

the issue I have is connecting the VFD to the BOB, I'm currently using the controller pictured. Looking at the wiring diagram it shows 3 outputs going to GND, Start/Stop and AVI.

Can anyone explain what terminals this equates to with the VFD please as I don't what to blow either up..

Thank in advance.
    This will depend on your Breakout Board, you will have an AVI & ACM (Analog 0-10v speed control) and FWD & DCM, (is just a switch / Relay between the FWD / DCM for On / Off), with some VFD Drives these (2) connections can't be mixed.

What Breakout Board are you using??
    Mactec54

The board acts as a BOB doesn't it or have I missed something? new to the world of cnc.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve8683 View Post
    The board acts as a BOB doesn't it or have I missed something? new to the world of cnc.
    Correct

If you tell me what Breakout Board you have or post a link to it, I will tell you what you need.
    Mactec54