585,660 active members*
3,258 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Regen Overheat Alarm Code 122 Problem Haas SL-30

Regen Overheat Alarm Code 122 Problem Haas SL-30

Looking for some help after doing all kinds of research and not finding the problem.

Haas SL-30 2001 Model Lathe

Machine runs for about 10 -15 mins, then Alarms out with Code 122 Regen Overheat and shuts down automatically. Regen never even get warm though.

History

1. Servo was Rebuilt by Reputible Rebuilder for another problem (no Power) which ended up not being the servo after all but loose belts on the motor to spindle. Rebuilder says its not in the Servo drive. Haas Factory has servo drive needs replaced over the phone going by symptoms. We are located 6 hours away from Haas service center and it costs us upwards of 2000 to get them out here and about 3 to 4 weeks.

Anyone know where the regen temp sensor is? There is only 2 wires going to Regen Coils (they look like stove elements and test ohms resistance to what haas states is correct.

Re: Regen Overheat Alarm Code 122 Problem Haas SL-30

The temp sensor is located in a few spots I've seen. There is a metal clip where the sensor is pressed into. It's a PEPI sensor on many and you wont get them to respond or reply. I tried and tried. What I can tell you is there are two types. Snap temp sensor and a creep. You'll want the SNAP sensor, and it can be tested w/ an ohm meter and a heat gun. (but be careful and don't burn it). Here is a post where I outline a replacement I used. https://tinyurl.com/yc89vvm3 there is the IGBT for RegEn also utilized in the mix, but your situation does sound like a possible SNAP action sensor issue or even a bad or possible wire rub or snag... Good luck w/ it.

https://tinyurl.com/yc89vvm3