585,670 active members*
4,776 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > New software.......new name needed

New software.......new name needed

Hey guys,

As some of you will know I am now a US reseller for Madcam, the plugin for Rhino. I have decided to try to set up a website and at least attempt to sell other kinds of cad and cam software as well. I hope to be a Rhino reseller soon but am trying to fnd other packages that I could offer.

I have been in contact with a person affiliated with a new cad/cam package about to hit the market. The problem is they don't have a name that is very catchey, if that is the correct term to use.

I ask them for permission for me to come on here and post a request for submission for names. After thinking about it a bit I though I might be better off asking how one would go about naming a product like a cad/cam package.

Suggestions for the naming process or even submissions of actual names would be appreciated. Hopefully this package is going to be marketed world wide so keep that in mind when coming up with ideas.

Here are a couple of features the package will on introduction.

2d and 3d 3 axis full featured cam as well as intense modeling and cad capabilities. I have not been give a complete list of features but I have been told it will be a modular based system and that 4 and 5 axis modules are in the works now but no time frame for release. I was told that two more modules were planned but was asked not to reveal those yet since they are just in the beginning stages of development.

I know this is not a lot of info but currently it is all I have. Ideas!:idea:

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

I thought someone would have some kind of idea of a name. I guess when it's time to release they can just call it

CadCamwithnonamesinceitjustworksanddoesn'treallyne edaname!

Mike

Ok .....I'll bite 8^() How bout "Thurocam" or "CompSYS CAD/CAM" or "OneShot CAD/CAM" I love name games...hehe
    When architects and engineers fail ......my phone rings....go figure! LOL What next?

well you can alway fake people out by calling it mastercad or bob cam/cad or sigma nesting

But realy you shoud have some key works in the name or have observations in the name so call it some thing long so people will shorting it up and all most make it a slang CnC Cam/Cam people would just call it cnc or call it Fabrication Drafting Systems and shorting it up to FDS cam/cad

InfinaCAD/Cam
    TeleCAD/CAM
    PortaCAD/CAM
    OnederCAD/CAM
    UniCAD/CAM
    UberCAD/CAM
    Lee

YACAMP

Yet Another CAM Program

Quote Originally Posted by DeFex View Post
    YACAMP

Yet Another CAM Program
    Dang dude, your first post and you come on talking trash??? I won't take it personally though since you can't read! If you're gonna take a cut at me, at least do it correctly!(nuts)

Mike

it was supposed to be a joke, I have been looking at all the different programs out there and there are so many choices it is quite bewildering. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

My apologies to you Defex. It's just that we see so many that come here, make infered or direct remarks in the threads then disappear.

Pm me and I will help you any way I can to find the software that's right for you, or if you want to post your needs here go ahead and there will be others chime in with suggestion, though it may detract from the thread a little, that's ok to if we can help.

Mike

edited to add..........the can't read remark was about the fact that this is a cad and cam software and not just cam. Sorry about that!

Emanon CAD/CAM (Unlike our name there's nothing backwards about our CAD/CAM software.)

TouCAD/TouCAM (The fastest way to bring your ideas TouCAD and TouCAM.)

FiniCut (Ummm??? I couldn't think of anything catchy right off.)

Eclipse CAD/CAM (Leaves all other CAD/CAM applications in the dark.)

HurriCAD/HurriCAM (The power of a hurricane, tamed by CNC. Cuts through toolpaths in a Hurri.)

FantastiCAD/FantastiCAM (Fantastic machine shop software at a Fantastic price.)

Zippy CAD/CAM, ZippiCAD/CAM (The Zippi-est way to go from concept to finished part.)

JIFFY CAD/CAM (Go from drawing to machined part in a JIFFY.)

Renaissance CAD/CAM (Revitalizing the art of machining!)

RazorCAD/CAM (Generate drawings and cut-paths with Razor-like precision.)

LimboCAD/CAM (The most fun and flexible CAD/CAM package you'll ever use.)

EquiCAD/CAM (The CAD/CAM package for everyone.)

My feeble attempts to get something started,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!

Defax has a point is there anything that makes your product better then the all ready many out there that is what i put some were in the name like nesting plus if you are going more nesting or cnc toolpath if more toolpathing focus if you give it a name like "something somthing" cad/cam you are one of many hay I like chose it make the many cad/cam get better of die

Quote Originally Posted by cnc metalcraft View Post
    Defax has a point is there anything that makes your product better then the all ready many out there that is what i put some were in the name like nesting plus if you are going more nesting or cnc toolpath if more toolpathing focus if you give it a name like "something somthing" cad/cam you are one of many hay I like chose it make the many cad/cam get better of die
    cnc metalcraft,

I got the gist of what you were trying to say but you lost me towards the end there. You didn't have a wrestling match with the cut and paste feature, did you?

Just checking,
    HayTay

Don't be the one that stands in the way of your success!