585,557 active members*
3,486 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > X3/SX3/G0619/G0463 > Changing out toggle style F/O/R for rotary switch style

Changing out toggle style F/O/R for rotary switch style

Hey guys I am changing out the clunkie toggle forward /off/ reverse switch with the rotary style for a few reasons 1 it has worn out and is not working properly and 2 when it was working it was hard to flip from each position. I has a wiring diagram from the grizzly G0765 that uses this type setup the lathe I have is the cj0618 7 x 14 I have attached both types of wiring diagrams i am having problems getting the rotary switch wired up the only wire I am concerned with and not sure what or where it goes is the #5 wire in the colored diagram. If someone can take a look at it and explain this wires function it would help . There is a filter board that is a bit different from what's in the colored picture but all the wires that are labeled with a location ( i.e. L2, A+ ) i jave been able to route to the proper location on the rotary switch it is the wires that just have a number rather than a function is where I am having issues... any help is appreciated

Re: Changing out toggle style F/O/R for rotary switch style

What is the switch part No. that you are trying to wire? The DWG is a little indistinct

I have use the Telemecanique XB2 series in the past, they are made up of separate components and you can make up what style you want fr0m separate parts.
    They are obsolete now, but available from different sources, e.g. ebay 1332484247
    XB2B-BJ33
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    What is the switch part No. that you are trying to wire? The DWG is a little indistinct

I have use the Telemecanique XB2 series in the past, they are made up of separate components and you can make up what style you want fr0m separate parts.
    They are obsolete now, but available from different sources, e.g. ebay 1332484247
    XB2B-BJ33
    Part number KEDU ZH-A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20220203-123827_Chrome.jpg  

That appears to be a simple 3ph reverser, if no diagram came with it, meter all three positions, map them out on paper , then note the new connections that will achieve the same function as the original.

Albert E.

That appears to be a simple 3ph reverser, if no diagram came with it, meter all three positions, map them out on paper , then note the new connections that will achieve the same function as the original.
    Al can u look at the pictures and tell what the 5 wire ( orange) does ? That's all I think I need all the rest of the wires are labeled with a few exceptions and the wires that are not are easy enough to figure out

Can you post a larger/clearer picture, its hard to make out ?

Albert E.

Can you post a larger/clearer picture, its hard to make out ?
    I have also noticed it keeps popping the fuse when I turn the rotary switch to forward or reverse. The drawing does not show a jumper but the switch has 2 of them

The function of the orange conductor is hard to tell, the details of the board it is connected to would need to be known, there also looks like it might be associated with the white one that runs with it?

Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael82 View Post
    I have also noticed it keeps popping the fuse when I turn the rotary switch to forward or reverse. The drawing does not show a jumper but the switch has 2 of them
    This is page 61 in the owners manual of the G0765 7 x 12 mini lathe on grizzly website down at the bottom of the page you can see the owners manual and parts list

This is page 61 in the owners manual of the G0765 7 x 12 mini lathe on grizzly website down at the bottom of the page you can see the owners manual and parts list
    Since I couldn't get the rotary switch to work I went back to all original and now I keep blowing fuses and the relay sparks does anyone know what could have happened? I may have shorted something trying to work out the rotary switch where should I start to look ?? Power resistors??

Since I couldn't get the rotary switch to work I went back to all original and now I keep blowing fuses and the relay sparks does anyone know what could have happened? I may have shorted something trying to work out the rotary switch where should I start to look ?? Power resistors??
    This is the original wiring diagram