585,763 active members*
4,069 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Jewelry Wax Fixtures

Hi I was wondering if anyone has plans for or knows where I can find Holding Fixtures similar to Protowizard Fixtures. Thanks

Walt

Millfixtures.com has something simpler and somewhat cheaper along the same lines. By the same token, once you see them, you will realize you can make better yourself for less than the price of lunch if you desire.

While the Protowizard stuff has a lot of complex machining involved, and wouldn't be exactly a simple project to duplicate, the Millfixtures stuff shows just how simple it can be. I assembled a couple fixtures that looked rather unlike thiers but did exactly the same functions completely out of off-the-shelf hardware store bits with no machining required. Once you see them you'll know what I mean. Others can be milled from HDPE or HMWPE or even ABS scrap almost instantly and for thier purposes will still last forever.
    BTW, the clamping flip fixture at its heart is simply a small self-centering four-jaw chuck (uncommon, I know, but they do make them) and simply removing one pair of jaws. You can run with it from there. Good luck with your project and have fun.