584,798 active members*
4,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Missing PLC for Morbidelli 400.

Hi,

We have a Morbidelli 400 that due to batteryloss lost its PLC file. So we have to replace it but we are missing a PLC file.

I have dug through an earlier post: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/contr...lli-510-a.html
    and have tried to get help from them but have gotten no response from anyone in there - due to the urgency of the matter im now making a new thread.

Anyone able to help us out in this matter?
    Regards
    William Jakobsson
    Vindelåns Snickeri AB

Re: Missing PLC for Morbidelli 400.

Hi William,

Can you send me a photo of the machine ID plate with serial number etc.
    It should be on the electrical cabinet. Also please send a few photos of the inside of the electrical cabinet.

I will be able to find the PLC file when I have the serial number of the machine. The A400 could have two possible CNC controllers (NUM or Tria) which will dictate how to restore the data

Regards
    Loko

Hi loko, and thanks for your reply.

Hope these pictures will suffice for the Machine ID.
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...p2bXR0OGZ0X2VB
    Let me know if you need anything else.

An update on the matter is that we managed to find someone in our area who had a PLC file but that didnt fix it for us.
    We are able to read the PLC file but one of our operators had and idea that this file could play some role in causing some trouble. (picture attached for said file)

Regards
    William

Hi William,

Please contact the service dept. at SCM Italy directly:

[email protected]

They don't seem to like sharing the information with third parties like me.

Quote the machine serial number (yours is AL/4223) in the subject line. They will respond with a form to fill out. When you submit your details, they are pretty helpful. Bear in mind that the PLC file is usually identical from one machine to the next, but the option code ( or wake up code) is specific to your machine. SCM will provide the correct code and the procedure to follow. I have worked on machines with kletra 7500 control. Yours is kletra 10400 so it might be a little different.

If you have trouble with the 3.5" floppy drive (usually because of dust), you can replace that with a USB to floppy emulator. I've done this and it works really well.

Please share whatever info you receive with us on CNCZone

Regards,
    Loko

hello loko, I saw that you already installed a virtual floppy on a kletra 10400 scm machine....can you help me please...I have a problem that the virtual floppy is not detected, I've tried everything...the key is set to 1.38mb, it doesn't work at all. ..I would like to ask for some more help...