585,902 active members*
4,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > HELP!!! 3-axis to 5-axis engraving G-CODE generate.

HELP!!! 3-axis to 5-axis engraving G-CODE generate.

i have already finished successfully engraving in metal using
    3-axis cnc.
    Tool 60-Degree.
    but all engraving Letters is 30-Degree of angle.
    i want to remove with 5-axis cnc.
    How can do it?
    (5-axis engraving G-CODE generate.)

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  

Re: HELP!!! 3-axis to 5-axis engraving G-CODE generate.

Do you have a 5 axis machine? You would need 5 axis CAM software to generate the G code.

I would just use a flat cutter rather than a V cutter, that way the letters would be 90 degrees on the edge.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Hi,
    there are quite a number of free or free to hobbyist 2D,2.5D and even 3D CAD/CAM software out there, but 5axis??

I started with Fusion 360, free to hobbyists. About three years ago I bought a subscription, about $500/year, and am pretty happy with it.
    Just recently I bought the Fusion Machining Extensions which has 4 axis, 5 axis, toolpath editing etc, normal cost is $1600/year, but to sweeten the deal and
    entice me to buy they did a $1200/year deal. The point being that 4 and 5 axis is expensive. I doubt you'll find any credible 5 axis CAM for free or even cheap.

You can program Gcode 4th axis manually but its very difficult for all but the simplest of toolpaths, and 5axis...I've never tried manual coding and wont be bothered to try either.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Do you have a 5 axis machine? You would need 5 axis CAM software to generate the G code.

I would just use a flat cutter rather than a V cutter, that way the letters would be 90 degrees on the edge.
    Thanks for replay.

But its micro work. its used for silver and gold. max work piece size (width 10mm, height 5mm).
    Tool is 0.1mm. And Max depth is 0.3mm. That image shows 0.3mm depth. so I cannot use Endmill.
    only way Engraving Tool.

No. I don't have 5 axis machine. if can possible to generate the G code, I can modify My machine.

Hi,
    I frequently use endmills of 0.5mm diameter. I have used endmills of 0.2mm, but they are extremely fragile and remarkably expensive.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    I frequently use endmills of 0.5mm diameter. I have used endmills of 0.2mm, but they are extremely fragile and remarkably expensive.

Craig

Hi.
    I Already Know this. 0.1mm endmills also available , but its ***More expensive*** and Easily Crack .
    compared with Engraving Tool. Because "Engraving Tool" can be Easily Grinding By Self.

Hi,
    yes micro-tools can be very expensive but still way less than 5 axis CAM software.

You need to do some research on what is available in both 4 and 5 axis CAM, I suspect the price will put you off the idea.

Craig