585,992 active members*
5,097 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Soft Limit

Soft Limit

I am having difficulty with a TechnoCNC HD Series Router. It has the NK-105 G2 handheld controller.

I have reset the Manufacturers Parameters to default. When I turn the machine on, it asks to home. When I press O.K. the machine travels up to the limit switch for the Z axis, then it does the same for the X and Y axes. At this point, it seems like things are going as they should.

Unfortunately, at that point I get the following message.

"Limit Exit Manually"

When attempting to move in the Z direction, it will not move down at all. No motor sound or other noise. It does, however, move up, past the limit switch, until the screws at the top of the spindle contact the metal of the frame. I am quite sure that this is not supposed to happen. I am pretty confident that if I were to continue, the motors would continue to try to push the spindle up, even though there is no room left to move. I am surprised that this is even possible.

The is no getting the machine to move from this position in any direction. Restarting the machine does not help, as the machine is still at the top of the Z axis, and will only move up.

The only solution I found was to go into the Manufacturer settings and change the Z axis from positive to negative. Upon restart, I can then move the spindle down. Unfortunately, when I attempt to home now, the spindle begins moving down, apparently looking for the limit switch, and it is clear that it would drive the milling bit through the top of the table if allowed to continue.

Not quite sure what to do. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Re: Soft Limit

Sorry if this is a dumb reply, but:

Have you called the Techno help guys? They've been pretty good with me.

Re: Soft Limit

hi pal
    did this problem comes after reset the parameters to default?

Quote Originally Posted by cbix View Post
    I am having difficulty with a TechnoCNC HD Series Router. It has the NK-105 G2 handheld controller.

I have reset the Manufacturers Parameters to default. When I turn the machine on, it asks to home. When I press O.K. the machine travels up to the limit switch for the Z axis, then it does the same for the X and Y axes. At this point, it seems like things are going as they should.

Unfortunately, at that point I get the following message.

"Limit Exit Manually"

When attempting to move in the Z direction, it will not move down at all. No motor sound or other noise. It does, however, move up, past the limit switch, until the screws at the top of the spindle contact the metal of the frame. I am quite sure that this is not supposed to happen. I am pretty confident that if I were to continue, the motors would continue to try to push the spindle up, even though there is no room left to move. I am surprised that this is even possible.

The is no getting the machine to move from this position in any direction. Restarting the machine does not help, as the machine is still at the top of the Z axis, and will only move up.

The only solution I found was to go into the Manufacturer settings and change the Z axis from positive to negative. Upon restart, I can then move the spindle down. Unfortunately, when I attempt to home now, the spindle begins moving down, apparently looking for the limit switch, and it is clear that it would drive the milling bit through the top of the table if allowed to continue.

Not quite sure what to do. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    When an axis has a reference limit switch, it needs to see the switch signal change (to 0v usually) then it normally creeps, when it comes off the other end of the trip dog the signal goes high again (24v) the axis continues to creep and stops at the first zero marker pulse plus the zero offset distance.

Your issue seems to be either a failed switch or sticking so it never looks for the marker pulse and runs into the hard stop.