585,996 active members*
4,544 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > What is the purpose of this button on Fanuc 11 series (1984). SEARCH-M

What is the purpose of this button on Fanuc 11 series (1984). SEARCH-M

This is Fanuc 11m. I was trying to diagnose sth in Ladder and newer FAUC docu. states that W-SRCH button looks for COILS only. It's true. What is SEARCH-M for ? I was unable to find any address or symbol by pressing SEARCH-M. I have no documentation for this soft key anywhere. I'd like to be able to find more than just a coils on the diagram, is it possible?

Re: What is the purpose of this button on Fanuc 11 series (1984). SEARCH-M

It has been a long time since I used the 10 and 11 ladders. I believe that this will find an alarm message in the ladder.

This allows you to search alarms or messages that are currently active. It usually takes you to the rung responsible for the alarm/message not the A coil. However, the machine tool builder has to write special code with the message on the message page or it does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    This allows you to search alarms or messages that are currently active. It usually takes you to the rung responsible for the alarm/message not the A coil. However, the machine tool builder has to write special code with the message on the message page or it does nothing.
    I see. Thank you. This is amazing. There is no info on this button anywhere in google. Now there is.

So how did it work if MTB coded id. You just pressed it without typing in anything at it took you some place in ladder where alarm has its source ?

Quote Originally Posted by lkuchars View Post
    I see. Thank you. This is amazing. There is no info on this button anywhere in google. Now there is.

So how did it work if MTB coded id. You just pressed it without typing in anything at it took you some place in ladder where alarm has its source ?
    On the MESSAGE page in the ladder you define what the "A" coil message will display. So in the ladder when an A coil becomes active it looks at the Message page to see what gets displayed on the screen. Example: A00.5 2005 PNEUMATIC PRESSURE DOWN [W,R22.1] Where the square brackets tells the control where to go in the ladder. In this example R22.1 coil is where Search-M would take you if that alarm was currently active and you press just the Search-M soft-key. The W represents "coil" This coil usually has the conditions for the alarm and the -| |- contact of R22.1 would feed the A coil for that alarm. Fanuc no longer does this.