584,865 active members*
4,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Suggestions for new Solidbody electric

Howdy fellow guitar enthusiasts. I was about to start a new electric solid body build for myself but wanted to ask the forum for suggestions on what everyone would like to see. Shapes, scales, headstock, styling. I have two Seymour Duncan Fender type pickups already wired I would like to use but that is flexible. Bit would be nice to save the $200 they cost. A few design parameter I would like to work with.
    Solid Body
    String Saver Saddles. I can design and machine my own bridge. (Full cnc shop) So if there is something you have wanted to see in a bridge assembly let us all know.
    NO CHROME... Unless it is black chrome or that cool rainbow color chrome,
    Natural wood finish. (heck I can use aluminum but @bostosh already mastered that material.)
    Solid neck with Bonded fingerboard over the truss rod.

Aside from that I would love to see how a guitar design by committee turns out.

I will do all my design and programming in ZW3D. This is NOT promoted or endorsed by ZW, it is just what I use. All jigs and fixtures will be designed and manufactured by myself.

So any ideas throw them out.

Re: Suggestions for new Solidbody electric

bc rich warlock and warbeast are still the coolest designs ever done in my opinion , and I love the feel of the neck on my warlock . Some sort of hybrid based from those would be wicked , bat winged inlays and that sort of thing . I may be old but I still have a dark side lol

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    bc rich warlock and warbeast are still the coolest designs ever done in my opinion , and I love the feel of the neck on my warlock . Some sort of hybrid based from those would be wicked , bat winged inlays and that sort of thing . I may be old but I still have a dark side lol
    They look pretty similar. Maybe I can 'curve' them some.

Hi there Warren B. and CNC zone,
    I have been pounding out guitar models without having the $$ to cut metal.
    How about this in wood? Jackson mockingbird full factory print to 3D model. I want to do hollowed, and a 7string fan fret?, I have an direct from fender strat model (molding test r&d fmc job) And this jackson Roswell for a client And a Tele-strat
    I have not been on the zone lately i have a "real" job. CNC&Ai
    I am having trouble with uploads and running out of time i
    Brian O
    Been doing this too long

Hmmm. I too have been busy now that my real job is picking up... You want one of these out of Aluminum? What flavor? I have just finished up some huge aluminum jobs and have, literally, tons of aluminum. 7050 and 6061. I will PM you.