584,861 active members*
4,766 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > HEIDENHAIN > HEIDENHAIN -> GENERIC > Heidenhain iTNC 530 No field angle ESTERMA LINEAR with absolute encoders

Heidenhain iTNC 530 No field angle ESTERMA LINEAR with absolute encoders

Hello everyone
    I am using ESTREMA LINEAR with Heidenhain iTNC 530 " Controller 422B"
    There U axis scale broken LC 481 Than we buy compatible LC 485 and fixed
    Now facing issue for U axis phase angle.
    Please help for solution its 5 axis machine where X axis and U axis both parallel GANTRY axis and sync each-other .
    So there MSG is "No field angle U axis"
    How can set and calibrate for field angle for absolute scales.

Re: Heidenhain iTNC 530 No field angle ESTERMA LINEAR with absolute encoders

Hi,

I checked the Heidenhain service manual, and apparently what is mentioned there is as follows:

18.1.7 Determining the field angle on linear motors, torque motors and synchronous spindles
    If an encoder was replaced that is also used to control a linear or torque motor or a synchronous
    spindle, the commutation (position of the field angle) needs to be reset for this motor.
    Caution
    The method to define the field angle of the respective axis / spindle is defined by the
    machine manufacturer.
    Follow the instructions of the machine manufacturer!

I would suggest extreme caution on this. MP 2340 and MP 2350 are the parameters where field angle is set. I have experience doing so in Siemens through the drive diagnostics, however, I did end up crashing the machine in the process (Linear motors and direct drive motors are EXTREMELY DANGEROUS when the field angle is not set properly- they run away and end up hitting the mechanical stops in a very uncontrolled fashion. This happened in my factory- The ATC door was squashed, not to mention the entire machine jumped and had to be relevelled. Mind you, the machine I am mentioning is 7 Tons in weight which jumped about a few inches. I learnt the hard way that the field angle NEEDS to be set.

My recommendation would be to contact Parpas (the machine tool maker who have made your machine) and they should be able to guide you over phone on how to set this.

Best of luck!

JSS