585,973 active members*
3,945 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Knee Vertical Mills > 1965 Makino Vertical Milling Machine - Model KSAM

1965 Makino Vertical Milling Machine - Model KSAM

Hi,

I recently acquired a very old Makino Vertical Milling Machine, Model: KSAM, Manufacture Date: Feb 1965. Yes..this is really old. I was wondering anyone had any experience with old Makino mill. The wiring is messed up on the back, i have to fix the wiring. i have no clue of the schematic. Any help or your experience is greatly appreciated. I was wondering if it is possible to run using single phase (110 V) using some phase converter.

Quote Originally Posted by silica View Post
    Hi,

I recently acquired a very old Makino Vertical Milling Machine, Model: KSAM, Manufacture Date: Feb 1965. Yes..this is really old. I was wondering anyone had any experience with old Makino mill. The wiring is messed up on the back, i have to fix the wiring. i have no clue of the schematic. Any help or your experience is greatly appreciated. I was wondering if it is possible to run using single phase (110 V) using some phase converter.
    I dont know much about the wiring on the Makinos but I can remember back in the day working on one from the early eightys with a 6M Fanuc control and a BT 50 Taper and what a workhorse it was. Makino still makes good stuff.

Kel1

makino mill

Hi I am glad to here someone else took on a makino retrofit. you can see my mill on myspace [email protected]. yes i retrofit this big mill, or still working on it lol. is your spindle motor dc? mine is, and the field has 22 ohms resistance. I hooked it up in series and put a large potentiometer parellel with the field it works but will not stop. the motors got fitted with encoder where the resolver was. look at my myspace. I am stuck getting the pull knob stuff to work. do u have any schematics? ttys jeff