585,987 active members*
4,407 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Enable DNC Modify ladder Fanuc 0M

Lightbulb Enable DNC Modify ladder Fanuc 0M

Hey there,

We have a Leblond Makino RMC-55 1991, the machine is in excellent shape. I chose this machine to make mold repairs and some fittings in finished parts. I couldn´t check the machine under power, but the control panel shown a DNC button so I was confident the transfer with drip feeding would be done with no problem. However, the machine came with the function disabled, the setting page shows TAPEF=0. I´ve called Makino and Fanuc and their solution was just to upgrade the memory.

I´ve read that the ladder could be modified from the eprom to able the DNC function, but I haven´t found an extensive thread that goes by details and tests to ensure the upgrade of the machine. If somebody here is willing to guide my endeavour I will keep posting my advance, I´m not expert, but I´ve done modifications to a ladder on a Robodrill with 32i but for sure that was easier than this.

Here is what I have,
    Control: Fanuc 0M
    Main Board: A02B 1003-0760/03A Date: 1990-01 (For what I read in Memex Memory Guide this is a series C)
    Paramater back up already done.
    M50 and M51 doesn´t work whit this.
    Diagnostic 127.5 cannot be changed.

The ladder doesn´t show G127.5 as a coil, instead is a contact. The DNC button activates the contact F297.1, on the second rung the contact is NC in its initial state, when the button is pressed down opens the signal in the third and fourth rung.

Attached some pictures of the ladder,

My firsts question is what kind of reader I have to buy to get the ladder from the eprom. I guess it could be easy to buy on eBay.

I read your comments, thank you in advance.

Greetings

Ari

Re: Enable DNC Modify ladder Fanuc 0M

Quote Originally Posted by the_catalyst View Post

My firsts question is what kind of reader I have to buy to get the ladder from the eprom. I guess it could be easy to buy on eBay.

Ari

I have found a device, you can find on eBay as TL866II USB Programmer for eprom

You have a very strange ladder there. The top rung on your picture shows a N.O. G127.5 feeding nothing. This is not something Fanuc would allow ant even sure how it passed the compile stage. Makes me think that the ladder was corrupt when it was burned to E-Proms. I am thinking that the coil was written but got blasted out during the writing process.

Quote Originally Posted by the_catalyst View Post

Here is what I have,
    Control: Fanuc 0M
    Main Board: A02B 1003-0760/03A Date: 1990-01 (For what I read in Memex Memory Guide this is a series C)
    Paramater back up already done.
    M50 and M51 doesn´t work whit this.
    Diagnostic 127.5 cannot be changed.

Ari
    I forgot to say that is possible to send and receive programs via RS232 in Edit mode.

Also I have a partner that has available the Fanuc FAPT software to compile the new ladder.