Hello all,
I am looking for some help in getting my Arrow 1000 up and going. I am doing a LinuxCNC retrofit with Mesa Cards to interface with the machine wiring. I have the axes moving and I am a little stuck on the spindle. I can get the drive to enable but it acts a little funny. The first command that I give it, it spins up about 100rpm and then moves to the commanded speed. It also tries to snap from rpm to rpm and if the jump is too great, it faults out the drive. From what I understand the VFS5/BDS5 drive is pretty much like an axis drive in the way it behaves. I am working to get a "soft start" done in LinuxCNC through ramping codes that modify the signal to help with the instantaneous response from the drive. Is there another way to get the drive to ramp a little more sensible to avoid the faulting? BTW, I am running this off of an 20HP RPC and the video below shows that the voltages are not dropping significantly as the spindle ramps up in the commanded RPMs. I may be overly optimistic about the voltages, correct me if I am wrong. :drowning:
https://youtu.be/OE303h25RRI