585,894 active members*
5,043 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande
Page 3 of 4 1234

Re: Can this servo-drive support pulse/dir commande

Quote Originally Posted by Diae View Post
    Here is the photos
    Some photos of the machine and the front of the operator control would be very helpful. We still do not know anything about your machine.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

So i have opened the CN1 connector and find the pins that are already in use with the original wiring from the factory
    So ,what i should add , any shematic for new wiring of course for pulse commande ( symbol + pulse train)
    Pic in attachement for the actual cn1 wiring
    You don't have to do anything until we know about your machine control and if there is anything wrong with the original machine control and what it is.
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You don't have to do anything until we know about your machine control and if there is anything wrong with the original machine control and what it is.
    I have an issue in the controller , the machine doesn't work for one year and the probleme is that some guys came to fix the problem but they didn't achieve nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    Some photos of the machine and the front of the operator control would be very helpful. We still do not know anything about your machine.
    The brand of machine ( mecanumerique 2030)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220228_103651.jpg  

I think there is no way to make the original controller work because it shows a loooot of alarms and error , plus we do not know what the previous guy done on it

I think there is no way to make the original controller work because it shows a loooot of alarms and error , plus we do not know what the previous guy done on it
    Nice machine, how old is the one you have???

What are the alarms you are seeing on the screen; each one has a meaning and should be able to find the problem by what the alarm is saying this could be hardware or software if it is software and there is no manufacture support, then you may need to do a completely new control
    Mactec54

Nice machine, how old is the one you have???

What are the alarms you are seeing on the screen; each one has a meaning and should be able to find the problem by what the alarm is saying this could be hardware or software if it is software and there is no manufacture support, then you may need to do a completely new control
    Hi
    The machine is old i don't remember the exact but it 3 years plus
    So today i did the wiring with the new board controller and i discover that one servo drive work well i was able to control the axis with the keybord on PC
    But the other driver , when i attempt to move the axis with pc it show alarm 42 on servo driver , i stop do the controll from pc and try to do jog with the keypad on servo drive but i have a problem
    The servo motor move a little bit forward when i click on button up and a little bacward when i click down button on servo drive
    Any help on this issue
    Video on attachmnts

Hi
    So today i did the wiring with the new board controller and i discover that one servo drive work well i was able to control the axis with the keybord on PC
    But the other driver , when i attempt to move the axis with pc it show alarm 42 on servo driver , i stop do the controll from pc and try to do jog with the keypad on servo drive but i have a problem
    The servo motor move a little bit forward when i click on button up and a little bacward when i click down button on servo drive
    Any help on this issue
    Video on attachmnts
    For the old controller it tooo complicated and hard for service and maintance so there is no way i keep it plus it show a loot of error , it doesn't work well

Hi
    Any help on this issue
    Video on attachmnts
    Also some deivers show alarm 41 and alarm 42
    What should i do .
    Power cable and encoders cable are the same i didn't change anything the only thing that i wire it is cn1 ( dir/step/ s on)

Also some deivers show alarm 41 and alarm 42
    What should i do .
    Power cable and encoders cable are the same i didn't change anything the only thing that i wire it is cn1 ( dir/step/ s on)
    Here is what they say in the manual

Hi,
    well both of those codes seem to be servo overload alarms. It would not matter what control you use if one or more servos fault then you can't use the machine.

Can you identify which of the servos is faulting?

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    well both of those codes seem to be servo overload alarms. It would not matter what control you use if one or more servos fault then you can't use the machine.

Can you identify which of the servos is faulting?

Craig
    But these alarm is when i try yo move axis x and z

I mean is there one parametre or more that i should modify to make the axis move when i give order from pc
    I have dissamble the servo motor from the ball screw and the probleme still existe

Hi,
    Can you try to move just one axis at a time. Say try x first, if that's OK then try z.

Its not impossible that both servos fault but its more likely that just one is.

I have dissamble the servo motor from the ball screw and the probleme still existe
    This would have been my next suggestion, namely decouple the servo from the ballscrews. That would eliminate any drag/mechanical lock in the ballscrews or axis assembly.
    If the fault still occurs then that suggests a fault in the servo and/or drive. If that's the case then follow Matec's idea of jogging the servos using the drive alone.

Craig

Hi,

Can you try to move just one axis at a time. Say try x first, if that's OK then try z.

Its not impossible that both servos fault but its more likely that just one is.

This would have been my next suggestion, namely decouple the servo from the ballscrews. That would eliminate any drag/mechanical lock in the ballscrews or axis assembly.
    If the fault still occurs then that suggests a fault in the servo and/or drive. If that's the case then follow Matec's idea of jogging the servos using the drive alone.

Craig
    Ok perfect craig , a have done the same , the big problem is that even in jog the 3 servo drive act the same when i try to move the servo motor of course from the keypad of drive it move a little and the same thing if i try backward like it hase some limit or torque week , i don't know i have only one drive that work on both mode jog and from pc
    If you can give an whatssap or email i can send you the video like that you can understand the prblm

Ok perfect craig , a have done the same , the big problem is that even in jog the 3 servo drive act the same when i try to move the servo motor of course from the keypad of drive it move a little and the same thing if i try backward like it hase some limit or torque week , i don't know i have only one drive that work on both mode jog and from pc
    If you can give an whatssap or email i can send you the video like that you can understand the prblm
    I thinks there is a parametre that i should enter to make jog mode work then i thinks the commande from pc will also work
    Any suggestions

Hi,
    its starting to sound like one or more of the servos are faulty.

I would suggest that you disconnect the controller I/O, that is CN1. Now any faults that occur, if any, will be the servos themselves.

You need to get access to the servo drives.

On page 4-2 of the manual you need to get the drive into 'Ad' mode, that is Test Operation mode.
    On page 4-3 tells you how to change modes.
    Page 4-12 and 4-13 show how to jog the servo shaft both CW and CCW.

If the servo alarms it will be displayed on the drive.

Craig

Hi,

I would suggest that you disconnect the controller I/O, that is CN1. Now any faults that occur, if any, will be the servos themselves.

On page 4-2 of the manual you need to get the drive into 'Ad' mode, that is Test Operation mode.

Craig
    Yes i have do it but the prblm is on jog mode i cant make them move they move a little bit for/backw

Hi,

Craig
    It is very clear what he has to check by the alarms, you are not helping just confusing with your Bs, if he goes through each of the possible faults for these alarms then he will find where the problem is
    Mactec54

I thinks there is a parametre that i should enter to make jog mode work then i thinks the commande from pc will also work
    Any suggestions
    Yes, there are Parameters to set to go into jog mode, but you should be trouble shooting the alarms before you even try and do any changes to your machine.

Jogging is not going to work if you a have cable and wiring problems that all need to be checked, this includes limit switches etc. like you said you don't know what the guy that looked at it did

They are not difficult faults to check just do one at a time

To Jog look in the manual Section 6 operations Jog operation section this is where and how to setup for jogging
    Mactec54

Hi Matec,
    you are not helping just confusing with your Bs,
    Take a holiday, I suggest Ukraine, very nice this time of year.

Craig

Page 3 of 4 1234