584,837 active members*
5,677 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > New huanyang VFD and spindle error EoAA
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: New huanyang VFD and spindle error EoAA

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The J1 jumper is beside the logic terminal block to the right, some times this is already in the right position but you can try it in both positions to see which works the best.

Pin numbers should be.

Pin 1=U
    Pin 2=V
    Pin 3=W
    Pin 4=Ground
    So, this needs to be corrected
    Apologies that was a typo. Mostly replying from my phone.

I did correct the pin order and located the J1 jumper and tried it with no discernable difference.

This weekend I hope to test it on a higher amp circuit than the 20amp I've been testing on.

I hope this was a typo Pin3=I not sure what you were meaning by this connection

Pin1=V Pin2=W Pin3=I Ground=same ground as power in

This is why Photos are important, when trying to see where there are problems
    Sorry that was a typo.

I corrected the wiring order out to the spindle and hooked up a new 30amp breaker and I'm getting the same result. Spins up to about 300 ROTT and shuts off with an EoAA error.

Quote Originally Posted by OlmsteadWorkshop View Post
    Sorry that was a typo.

I corrected the wiring order out to the spindle and hooked up a new 30amp breaker and I'm getting the same result. Spins up to about 300 ROTT and shuts off with an EoAA error.
    Check the ohm reading of the spindle pins

Pin 1 to Pin 2=
    Pin 2 to Pin 3=
    Pin 3 to Pin 1=
    Pin 4 to Spindle body this can be a continuity check

It points to the spindle motor, that has a problem, it should of been able to run on the supply you have now

Can you get a replacement spindle motor, if you do go for a 1.5Kw seeing you only have a 120v supply.
    Mactec54

Check the ohm reading of the spindle pins

Pin 1 to Pin 2=
    Pin 2 to Pin 3=
    Pin 3 to Pin 1=
    Pin 4 to Spindle body this can be a continuity check

It points to the spindle motor, that has a problem, it should of been able to run on the supply you have now

Can you get a replacement spindle motor, if you do go for a 1.5Kw seeing you only have a 120v supply.
    Received a 1.5Kw spindle in the mail today from Amazon for testing. Plugged it and it sang right away. Absolutely no issues. I'm primarily a woodworker but went with the 2.2Kw because bigger is already better right? I think this is going to be perfectly fine for my needs. Thank you so much for your help getting this running Mactec54. Luckily I can still return the other spindle. Just for my future knowledge are there any preferred or generally better regarded VFDS out there? I still fall squarely in the DIY crowd and the huanyang is well regarded there, but I don't mind paying a little more for quality.

Received a 1.5Kw spindle in the mail today from Amazon for testing. Plugged it and it sang right away. Absolutely no issues. I'm primarily a woodworker but went with the 2.2Kw because bigger is already better right? I think this is going to be perfectly fine for my needs. Thank you so much for your help getting this running Mactec54. Luckily I can still return the other spindle. Just for my future knowledge are there any preferred or generally better regarded VFDS out there? I still fall squarely in the DIY crowd and the huanyang is well regarded there, but I don't mind paying a little more for quality.
    The problem is you are running 120v so there are not many VFD Drives that would be better than what you have, 1.5Kw is normally the limit for 120v single Phase supply, the other spindle should of run though, but not that great, so I think it was damaged

So, you should change the Parameters back to the original set I posted except for your motor spec's need to be changed Amps 7 for the 1.5Kw

Bigger is not always better, if you don't have the juice to drive it, 240v the 2.2Kw works best
    Mactec54

Thanks again Mactec45 you're truly a massive asset to this forum and to the net.

One more good house keeping question. I'm using ring terminals on my grounds, but this vfd only has a single ground terminal. Is there a preferred method to connecting more than one to the same ground besides stacking ring terminals?

Thanks again Mactec45 you're truly a massive asset to this forum and to the net.

One more good house keeping question. I'm using ring terminals on my grounds, but this vfd only has a single ground terminal. Is there a preferred method to connecting more than one to the same ground besides stacking ring terminals?
    You should have a Ground Bus, mounted in your cabinet, Metal to Metal no paint under it, this is where all the Ground wires are to be connected, at the same point, the snips are the ideal, you can also use a stud and stack each Ground connection, with star lock washers and nuts for each connection, this is messy and not as good, compared to a Bus type bar, which you can make it yourself

So, each item that has a Ground wire connection, all should have there own Ground wire connected to the Bus

Shields connect direct to the Ground Plane, P-Clamp type is the best, or EMI Glands for shields, saddles type clamps work but not as affective
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 12