Hello everyone,

We just received the 2 new Syil machines, an X7 (16 tool ATC) and an v5 (12 tool ATC) and I try to familiarize with the industrial-type controllers, as in the past 8 years I only worked (daily) with CNC powered by Mach3 and a Tormach PCNC1100 mill, powered by PathPilot.

The first impression is that this industrial controller makes things a little more complicated, than I was used to on the PathPilot.

For example I haven't figured out yet if to load and unload tools from the ATC, the most simple way is to:
1. set machine to MPG mode to activate MDI button
2. Press MDI and write M06T2, than press LOGIN
3. Press Cycle start to run the Gcode and have the tool #2 loaded from ATC

If I want to remove a tool from the ATC magazine, and from the machine, I only need to do the above operations and than to MANUALLY press the green button to remove it from spindle, is this enough? the machine will know it did not placed back tool #2 in the ATC magazine

And now the reason I opened this thread, as I didn't figured out yet how can I load, for example tool #51 (a 5.1mm drill bit) in the ATC magazine?

On my Tormach it was as simple as writing tool number, and then press the button STORE CURRENT TOOL, as simple as that, to store any tool (#1 - #200) in the 12 position ATC magazine.

video

How can I do it on my Syil x7 ?

From the support team, they told me that on the ATC magazine I can only store tool numbers from 1 - 16. Is this correct ? It's impossible to store T51 ... or T151 in the ATC magazine ?

Thank you

PS. I checked the LNC Operation manual, and from page 53 to 64 I haven't seen any mention regarding what I want to accomplish.

PS2. I always machine parts only once, never did series unfortunately, so I make daily a few programs, and most parts I make are leather cutting dies of different shapes, every time a different shape, so I copy the programs from previous cutting dies I made, and only select the contours of the new model. The tool number is the same on cutting dies I make today, with the ones I did last year. I don't think is normal to have the tools loaded in the magazine limited to tool numbers 1- 16, as support team told me.