584,829 active members*
4,909 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamWorks > CAMWorks producing gouged parts with 3D toolpath

CAMWorks producing gouged parts with 3D toolpath

Hello all,

I've been using CAMWorks for a couple years now, and while it works well ~95% of the time, occasionally I'll run into something that stops me dead for a while until I can figure it out. This time it's a pattern projection operation cutting unwanted grooves into a flat, sloped face. I can't figure out why it's doing this to me, and it's driving me nuts. Here's some pictures of the issue: https://imgur.com/a/4ilPoPv

What things might I be able to try? I'm going crazy trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Re: CAMWorks producing gouged parts with 3D toolpath

what do you have the machine deviation set to? If it's set to coarse or use global facet deviation is checked and that number is too coarse then, you can get gouging like this

Issue is that CAMWorks is a weird program with some things. Changing the machining direction 5 degrees solved it.

The grooves are visible in the actual cad image. It's just following the image like it's told to.
    Clean the cad up me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotaxi View Post
    Hello all,

I've been using CAMWorks for a couple years now, and while it works well ~95% of the time, occasionally I'll run into something that stops me dead for a while until I can figure it out. This time it's a pattern projection operation cutting unwanted grooves into a flat, sloped face. I can't figure out why it's doing this to me, and it's driving me nuts. Here's some pictures of the issue: https://imgur.com/a/4ilPoPv

What things might I be able to try? I'm going crazy trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!
    Try increasing the diameter of the tool by 10-15 percent. It can't be a software problem. It has to be a deflection problem. the tool is too weak