585,567 active members*
3,406 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Commercial Laser > G.Weike Laser > Laser comes to almost a complete stop and then starts cutting a slow horizontal line

Laser comes to almost a complete stop and then starts cutting a slow horizontal line

Sometimes the file will cut just fine and sometimes it will be going through the cuts and I notice the laser head stop moving in the middle of the job. I go and take a look and it actually hasn't stopped cutting.....it is actually just cutting a horizontal line at a VERY slow speed at the max power I set for the job. Have had a few small fires to put out because of this. (reminder....never leave your laser running unattended) This drives me crazy cause it ruins the piece of acrylic I have in to be cut. This doesn't happen every time I run the same file. Just occasionally it will do this. I can open the file and it will work fine. Other times it does this. Any ideas?

Re: Laser comes to almost a complete stop and then starts cutting a slow horizontal l

It sounds like you're experiencing inconsistent performance with your current laser cutter. Have you considered trying out Monport laser systems? Monport lasers are known for their reliability and consistent cutting performance. They offer easy-to-use interfaces and high-quality results, helping you avoid issues like the ones you're facing. You can explore Monport laser products and see if they meet your needs at https://monportlaser.com/?sca_ref=5031521.ka374VZjm3.