New to the forum, this place gives me the impression that I'm going to be exposed to more CNC knowledge than I could ever imagine

A friend of mine has come into some money recently and we have been interested in CNC milling for a while. I have limited experience with milling but I understand the concepts. I've milled simple things, nameplates, simple molds for plastic injection molding, etc... My friend has roughly 9 grand that he was going to blow on various junk, until the voice of reason (me, most of the time haha) chimed in and gave him the idea to make the money work for him.

I've got a few ideas for some widgets we could manufacture with a mill, mostly custom firearm parts, that I think could turn a decent profit. If the machine pays for itself in 6 months, then mission accomplished! Thats the kind of additional income I know he could use. I'd be more than happy to liberate some of the goods as well

Anyway, I used the search feature for a little while but became totally confused and disoriented trying to find the answer to the age-old question:

Which mill?

Now I understand that you may get a lot of posts like these, and I apologize for contributing one more to that list, but if anyone even has a similar post with an answer fresh in their head, even a link to that thread would be very much appreciated!

Anyway, I'm about to head off to bed and I'll check here when I get home from work (I'm a welder/fabricator). I look forward sharing my experiences to come with CNC milling, I'm just stuck at the start line for now :P

Thanks in advance.