585,919 active members*
4,141 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > flow waterjet help for 45 degree bevel in stone

flow waterjet help for 45 degree bevel in stone

The company I work for just purchased a used flow waterjet Mach 3 4020v, the owner wants to try and cut a 45-degree bevel on stone, and I'm looking for some guidance on the proper way to do this,
    I am new to the waterjet moved over from a CNC router, so please let me know what route to go. and I need to use any other special software like SpaceClaim or if flow cut will do the job.
    thank you for any help
    steve

Re: flow waterjet help for 45 degree bevel in stone

The machine you have appears to be a dynamic head model, so you won't be able to program the A and B motors to do anything in the Flow software. They're really just there for corner control, edge quality, and profile taper control. They can only be adjusted in the software to compensate for irregularities.

That leaves setting up the stone piece at a 45 degree angle. You need to watch for clearance in the Y axis and dynamic motors, so you might need to put the higher side of the piece towards the front of the table if you want to cut along the X axis, or just cut along the Y axis if that's easier. Watch out for height sensor clearance as well, I've overlooked that a few times. If your mixing tube is straightened and your table is flat, it's just a matter of lining the stone up with the machine and making sure you're at 45 degrees. You'll also need to figure out how thick the material is when it's at 45 degrees for an accurate cut.

Sorry if this seems scattered, I wrote this throughout small breaks in my work day. Really, the size of the stone piece is the only thing that could make the project "undoable". If it's small enough to avoid clearance issues, you should be able to pull it off. I'd love to hear how you end up working it out!