584,829 active members*
5,027 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help before buy laser cutter co2

Hello to all!!

I make musical instruments, I live in Greece and because I make their decorations by hand, I decided to buy a laser for cutting from aliexpress. The amount I can allocate is at $ 1500,dollars as well as I have found some machines. I have come up with an 80 watt machine. The materials I will cut are celluloid paste of 1mm, acrylic 2mm and plexiglass colored. I did not have a similar machine in the past, so I said to write here. Note that I do not want the machine for production, as I want to make decorations for my own instruments and work at most 1 hour a month.The glass tube co2 from what I have seen lasts for 4000 hours. What I want to ask is this. This machine is suitable for the use I want; Its power is great; Could I get it with less power?Is there anything else I need to look out for or take into for this machine? Thank you all in advance for your help.

Sincerely, Bill

Re: Help before buy laser cutter co2

Nobody??

60 watts would be enough for cutting 2 mm Plexi Celluloid paste , im not sure what you mean cutting that. I'm gonna that your going to glue things together with the paste then cut after. This should not be a problem. If you can get an 80 watt in your budget then go for that. Always get more power if you can.

60w to 80w is good ooptional for 1mm and 2mm acylic .
    it also depend on working area ?400*400mm ?
    80w laser tube it will be also longer than 60w .
    Control system ,software ,tube brand and life etc .
    kindly contact with me +8618560201508

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkum...lQ1dGw&index=5