585,604 active members*
3,320 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport EZ-Trak DX 2-Axis Gcode Pause

Hi all,
    I've just finished repairing a 2-Axis EZ-Trak DX, replacing some broken parts and adding a floppy drive emulator.
    I am able to upload simple G-Code files and run them on the machine, have tested basic G0/G1/G2 etc.
    I'm looking for a way to create a pause in the program during which an operator could move the manual z-axis to the correct height and then resume the job with the press of a button.
    I can't seem to find any documentation on what types of G/M codes the machine can process and M0 seems to stop the program completely without the option to resume.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    gret

Re: Bridgeport EZ-Trak DX 2-Axis Gcode Pause

Will the control accept a M1 (optional stop) command? That normally allows a wait for operator input.

I guess what you could do like I used to with my 2 axis, run a single step operation, adjust Z, and run the operation again. Rinse/repeat until the final depth achieved.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Its been way too long but i thought the cycle start button would pause the program, then re start when pressed again.

A 2 axis Trak should automatically pause and prompt the operator to move Z-axis to the desired programmed position. The Z location must specified in the G-code line. Any change in Z will cause an automatic stop till Start Button pressed. The actual Z-axis position does not matter.

Try using the Trak Conversational Programming. The dialog boxes for should have a field for Z position. You must put values in. Do multiple moves w different Z locations.

If it doesnt work may need software upgrade. What version of sofrware are you running.