hi
i bought a used IMservice cnc router that uses deskcnc controller and sv500 servo drives with servo motors

its 3 axis

im having some horrific headaches with thios thing..it is old but the prev owner used it 1 time and stored it ever since

its in great condition but i cant get any of the axis to jog at all

when i open deskcnc it opens to machine mode with DRO..the controller is flashing blue which is good...all 3 servo driver boards are solid blue which is good

when i try to jog the DRO only moves .0001 at a time and the axis do not move...no matter if i have it in step mode or continuous mode the DRO only moves .0001

i have tried just hooking up 1 axis enoder cable at a time and that has no affect

...alll the connections have been cleaned with contact cleaner and all connections look good...i have gone over this about 10 times...

after 10hrs of working on it for some reason the axis started jogging fine and i then ran some test toolpaths and all was well..so i thought

4 days later..i went to try again to use the machine and again the axis will not jog ....

does anyone know anyhting about deskcnc controller?...there is very little info online and imservice went out of business and deskcnc tech support really is of no help.

i have a hard time believing all 3 servo drives failed at once or all 3 servo motors failed at once and all 3 enocders failed at once

something odd is going on that i cant not figure out

like something is casuing interference...today even though axis would not jog a couple times the axis would just randomly move for no reason...very bizarre.

although i get no movement during jog... if i try to home each axis each axis will just move a very short distance 2 times (.100 or so ) and just stop...x yand z all do this.

so if home x it will move short distance..stop..then move short distance again and then stop...same with y and z but then other times if i try to home each axis i will just see the DRO move a small amount twice and the axis will not move...

i also have the latest deskcnc software and latest firmware installed...and i have deskcnc controller generation2.

i really hope someone can make light of whats going on....its just very bizarre.