585,948 active members*
3,820 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

China 3040 parallel port

Hello, looking for help in a way to hook up a Z touch pad, however my machine has no limit switches.

The board has no provisions for limits or other plugs, many empty holes to soldier wires to the board.

I did find a program that works with Mach3 for setting everything up and finding the proper pin once hooked up, but recommends pin 15....I tried ringing it out with my meter, but find nothing without power that has continuity.

Any help appreciated

Re: China 3040 parallel port

You could get a generic Mach3 CNc control board that comes with inputs and outputs, they sell for $40 to $60 on eBay

I've got 2 different boards, but haven't idea what to fo with them. The mill works great like it is, just want to add the Z probe

I can fix about anything, just never dealt with these before. I repair Tube amplifiers but am self taught...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman01 View Post
    I've got 2 different boards, but haven't idea what to fo with them. The mill works great like it is, just want to add the Z probe

I can fix about anything, just never dealt with these before. I repair Tube amplifiers but am self taught...lol

Hooking up and modifying these the CNC control boards is not difficult. Especially if you already do stuff with electronics like tube amplifiers. Post pictures of the boards you have including the one in the machine, I can probably guide you on how to add a Z probe. What software are you running with the mill right now, Mach3?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman01 View Post

This is the board I have, just found this .pdf

https://www.vallder.com/images/product_details_images/mach3_5-axis_board/Mach3-5-Axis-Interface%20Board.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    Hooking up and modifying these the CNC control boards is not difficult. Especially if you already do stuff with electronics like tube amplifiers. Post pictures of the boards you have including the one in the machine, I can probably guide you on how to add a Z probe. What software are you running with the mill right now, Mach3?
    Yes, Mach 3 and drawing and post-processing with solidworks

The board in the machine has the 4 pin plugs for the X, Y, Z, A axis that would plug right into the breakout board. It would be wiring the drivers that would throw me.

Just have to make sure I get the X, Y, Z, A drivers in the correct spot.

Also has a plug on the back of the power box that plugs into the machine. Not a parallel plug, but similar.but I can always ring that out with my meter for the mototrs.

This board has a tool setter input available, this is all you need to do is configure it for that port/pin. The axis inputs are clearly labeled, very easy stuff.

I see that now that I have a schematic. Thanks for the suggestions. I will hit you up if I have any snags