584,808 active members*
5,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

KFLOP to 3x Stepper drivers - Basic Wiring

Hi All,

I want to use KFLOP to run 3 stepper drivers like these to convert a milling machine to CNC

https://mro.ecvv.com/product/New_Clo...808_pid4979614

I just have what came in the box with KFLOP - (so a lead to connect to JP7.)

Will all 3 stepper drive outputs fit on JP7 (I assume they need to use one of the 16 I/O pins..)

Is it normal to connect the Enable +- from JFLOP to the stepper driver?

How do I configure Kmotion to tell it what is on each pin?

I've been reading the Kflop documentation for ~4 hours but still not sure about these basics, if there is a wiring guide and basic set-up please point me in that direction, most of the stuff I see uses Kstep so my set-up will be different.

Re: KFLOP to 3x Stepper drivers - Basic Wiring

Will all 3 stepper drive outputs fit on JP7 (I assume they need to use one of the 16 I/O pins..)
    You will need to connect Step and Direction pins and +5V for each drive. See here.

Is it normal to connect the Enable +- from JFLOP to the stepper driver?
    yes. Is the enable on the drive isolated from motor power?

How do I configure Kmotion to tell it what is on each pin?
    see the above link and also this on channels.

I've been reading the Kflop documentation for ~4 hours but still not sure about these basics, if there is a wiring guide and basic set-up please point me in that direction, most of the stuff I see uses Kstep so my set-up will be different.
    See the links above. Since your drives are Step/Direction like KStep the software configuration will be very similar.
    TK
    http://dynomotion.com