584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Help with adding a coolant pump

Help with adding a coolant pump

Looking to add a coolant pump that the control on my RH19 Cent7 will control. The electrical drawing shows what looks to me like a combo diode/resistor as shown in the red box in the pic. What parts do I need to do this right the first time?
    Thanks for any help
    James
    Attachment 489884

Re: Help with adding a coolant pump

It looks more like a resistor and capacitor to me. I’m not sure what they are trying to accomplish with those components.

Quote Originally Posted by gunmaker View Post
    Looking to add a coolant pump that the control on my RH19 Cent7 will control. The electrical drawing shows what looks to me like a combo diode/resistor as shown in the red box in the pic. What parts do I need to do this right the first time?
    Thanks for any help
    James
    Attachment 489884
    That is a Snubber to protect the Relay, if the Relay is already in place, this snubber circuit may be there as well,
    Mactec54

The relays in the machine are not currently produced and I bought an upgraded General Purpose Relay PT3S7LC4. It has the same plug in relay module, but it looks like it has an integrated diode across the A1/A2 like the older style has externally attached across those terminals.

MIlltronics had the "snubber" but they said UPS wanted $35+ to ship it. As a custom gunmaker, I'm not too thrilled with UPS or FedEx and their recent changes in shipping concerning firearm parts and accessories.

Amazon has a snubber, or pack of 10 for $9.99 with free shipping. Not the exact same as the Fotek sq1-511w that is used on my machine in other places.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...GHCXWYXE&psc=1

Milltronics said they would have one for $14 on the truck from their Indiana plant to Minnesota and they could mail it to me for a few $$.

On my 4th axis project I ordered a variety of MTW wire and shipping to my house was $28.67. I had them ship it to my wife's work address and shipping came down to $15.29. When the invoice came they charged me $27.68. Go figure.

My machine uses the cast iron base for it's coolant tank and it's never had a coolant system installed. The "tank" has a bunch of way oil from the automatic oiler as well as wood dust and mouse nest crap. Can I use laundry detergent and warm water circulating through the sump to clean out the oil and junk? It isn't stinking like old coolant, so I don't think I should have to kill off any bacteria.

Simple green maybe??

Sorry for my rant and thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by gunmaker View Post
    The relays in the machine are not currently produced and I bought an upgraded General Purpose Relay PT3S7LC4. It has the same plug in relay module, but it looks like it has an integrated diode across the A1/A2 like the older style has externally attached across those terminals.

MIlltronics had the "snubber" but they said UPS wanted $35+ to ship it. As a custom gunmaker, I'm not too thrilled with UPS or FedEx and their recent changes in shipping concerning firearm parts and accessories.

Amazon has a snubber, or pack of 10 for $9.99 with free shipping. Not the exact same as the Fotek sq1-511w that is used on my machine in other places.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...GHCXWYXE&psc=1

Milltronics said they would have one for $14 on the truck from their Indiana plant to Minnesota and they could mail it to me for a few $$.

On my 4th axis project I ordered a variety of MTW wire and shipping to my house was $28.67. I had them ship it to my wife's work address and shipping came down to $15.29. When the invoice came they charged me $27.68. Go figure.

My machine uses the cast iron base for it's coolant tank and it's never had a coolant system installed. The "tank" has a bunch of way oil from the automatic oiler as well as wood dust and mouse nest crap. Can I use laundry detergent and warm water circulating through the sump to clean out the oil and junk? It isn't stinking like old coolant, so I don't think I should have to kill off any bacteria.

Simple green maybe??

Sorry for my rant and thanks for any helpful suggestions.
    Pump the oil out first and then you can put it in a recycle tank! somewhere, then you can clean it out with whatever works best oil eater is very good and biodegradable.

If the Relay already has a snubber, then you don't need anything else
    Mactec54