I know this is going to sound like a lazy or naive teenager's "can I learn CNC in a few days without any effort" type of post, but I have a unique opportunity to work in a situation that fits the rest of my life perfectly right now.

What I would be doing is taking the program/G-code for the part (supplied by another person working somewhere else) and feeding it through a desktop or slightly larger machine (Taig, Sherline, or possibly a Tormach) and making the same part over and over, basically watching it run, watching for problems, and swapping out fresh stock when each part is made.

How long would it take for someone to learn enough of machine operation to do this? I know it's a vague question, but a general idea is what I'm looking for. I would make it a point to learn it in some kind of local classes (that would take some driving, etc.) or something online, if that sounds like a possible solution, depending on the advice given here. I would have the option to ask general questions from the program/G-code supplier, but being able to run it through the machine would be up to me.

I'm 50 years old, generally mechanically inclined, but no real CNC experience, other than enough of an interest to watch a ton of videos on YouTube of machines running.

Any kind of general guess of how long it would take or input from those experienced, or suggestions as to how/where to learn this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.