584,862 active members*
5,814 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centres > XZ read wrong wen B axis is rotated

XZ read wrong wen B axis is rotated

im having the strangest problem ive ever seen. this is on a KIWA KH-45, FANUC 31i model A. using a touch probe, while at B0 I find the Z postion of the face of a part the USER and RELATIVE screens read Z 1.38 , i rotate B axis to B180. and probe the same face that was measured at B0 and Z reads Z-1.27 but it should read Z-1.38 Z is off by .11. if i rotate to B90 and probe that same face in X it reads X1.32 but it should read X1.38 so its off by half as much as at B180.. this machine is in a 2 machine cell with a 24 pallet fastems system, so i put the part and pallet in the other machine and every thing works and reads exactly as it should. hopefully someone has advise or solution because i am stumped on this issue. i have to assume its a issue with the controller because i have confirmed that the part is parrallel to X and Z axis at B0, B90, B180.

Re: XZ read wrong wen B axis is rotated

Sounds like the tram of your machine is slightly off.

Russ

Re: XZ read wrong wen B axis is rotated

Awhole lot of problems on a B axis machine
    It never rotates around center so anyone doing a center or rotation calculation will never be correct ---Thats why new offsett per face rotation of the B
    This is a mechanical issue on machine and even on full b axis machine
    Next is put an indicator vertical onto the table and move the axis to the four corners are they the same on Y ?
    Next rotate 90 deg per time and see if the same --------Shows if the table is elptical in that plane