585,951 active members*
4,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 3T-F on a Nakamura Slant -1 need some help

Fanuc 3T-F on a Nakamura Slant -1 need some help

Hi all,

I have a new to me lathe and first one that is "industrial". I have some experience with LinuxCNC and manual turning.
    Have been spending a lot of time researching this controller and 6T as I have seen threads that they are similar. I do have some manuals but some are missing pages and others don't seem well written.

1. I can ZRN the machine. When doing so the POS screen reads Relative U -12, W 4 ; Absolute X -12, Z 4 ; Machine X 0, Z0.(in mm) I try to X Cancel, Z Cancel to zero these out (doesn't work) I can Cancel U,W. I notice a G28 U0 W0 works in MDI whether I cancel those at home or not. Also, I notice that I can go into a manual mode and move the Z further another 4inches before over travel alarm.
    Are these behaviors correct? Can I change the Z/W ZRN point further back to get more travel? Is Machine coord in mm okay if I program in inches?

2. This machine does have FAPT and it seems to be working. I have searched everywhere but cannot find manuals for this model or tutorials on FAPT. I have found a 3T-D manual that shows FAPT content. Would it be worthwhile getting at $150?

I'm excited to learn and start using this machine. it was at a price that was too good to turn down even at this age.

Re: Fanuc 3T-F on a Nakamura Slant -1 need some help

Hi,

My lathe with a 3T acts the same way when homing. The U and W can be zeroed but not the other axis’. On ZRN my machine does go all the way to the limit switches. I’m sure you can change it but I don’t know how. Also, you should be able to change the display to inches with a parameter change, i just don’t have it in front of me.

I believe you can only manually origin the relative positions. Absolute positions can be set using G50 (G code A), work shift, work offsets, or parameters (76,77).
    Parameter 12 bit 7 covers how the preset is handled during manual reference return.

Thanks everyone. I have spent some time with the machine and making progress.

It did have 76,77 set to -12 and 4 so that made since. In the notes I have on it, I believe it has a G30 option for a reference point B. All I can find on that is it having to be set in parameters. I do not have the parameter list descriptions. I think this is best used to set a safe tool change position.

Should I get rid of the 76,77 setting and preset? I plan on learning with a bunch of one off parts. I will then do a "production run" of around 1000 parts where I can see the preset being useful.

Thanks again!