584,861 active members*
4,943 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 21i-B FOCAS2 Ethernet Settings/Program Transfer Tool

Fanuc 21i-B FOCAS2 Ethernet Settings/Program Transfer Tool

Good Morning,

I/O channel = 4 (while I am trying the DS board I/O channel = 5)

We are running programs that are too large for the tape memory/ I have a DS board option, and have a 1GB PCMCIA card installed in the DS board. HDD Existence =2

I am trying to connect my 21i-MB CNC (2007) to Fanuc Program Transfer Tool. I have connected my 0i-M to the same program with no issue so I am aware of the correct IP and port settings needed.

I believe that my issue lies with missing pages under;

System>ETHPRM>OPRT>BOARD

I only have 5 pages whereas another CNC has 8 pages. I also only have the softkeys for BOARD and PCMCIA availble. EMBEDD and SWITCH are also options I have seen that I do not have on this CNC.

Page 1 is the Ethernet parameters

IP Address matches and I am able to ping the CNC from my PC over network through a server as well as directly to the machine. (static IP)

Page 2 on my CNC is (Data Server).

Port Number = 21
    IP address = matches machine IP
    User name and password match Program Transfer Tool

My problem is that on similar machines page 2 (DNC1/Ethernet) is where we would enter TCP Port # = 8193. I cannot for the life of me find where to enter this information. My page 2 would typically be page 3.

When testing connection on program transfer tool setting dialogue, program memory communication test (FOCAS2) PINGs quickly and correctly, then times out and shows Allocate Handle error=-16

When testing DATA SERVER communication test FOCAS2 correctly PINGs, logs in with user and password > "/NCDATA" is current directory.

I cannot retrieve system information, however, and therefore cannot cannot while in program transfer tool. I have tried several times on several PCs.

I believe I am missing the FOCAS2 option, or that there is a parameter missing to allow me to see this DNS1/Ethernet page to set the TCP Port #.

This machine was purchased second hand, from a company that I believe ran a small number of programs only from the PCMCIA card.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaintenanceGuy View Post
    Good Morning,

I/O channel = 4 (while I am trying the DS board I/O channel = 5)

We are running programs that are too large for the tape memory/ I have a DS board option, and have a 1GB PCMCIA card installed in the DS board. HDD Existence =2

I am trying to connect my 21i-MB CNC (2007) to Fanuc Program Transfer Tool. I have connected my 0i-M to the same program with no issue so I am aware of the correct IP and port settings needed.

I believe that my issue lies with missing pages under;

System>ETHPRM>OPRT>BOARD

I only have 5 pages whereas another CNC has 8 pages. I also only have the softkeys for BOARD and PCMCIA availble. EMBEDD and SWITCH are also options I have seen that I do not have on this CNC.

Page 1 is the Ethernet parameters

IP Address matches and I am able to ping the CNC from my PC over network through a server as well as directly to the machine. (static IP)

Page 2 on my CNC is (Data Server).

Port Number = 21
    IP address = matches machine IP
    User name and password match Program Transfer Tool

My problem is that on similar machines page 2 (DNC1/Ethernet) is where we would enter TCP Port # = 8193. I cannot for the life of me find where to enter this information. My page 2 would typically be page 3.

When testing connection on program transfer tool setting dialogue, program memory communication test (FOCAS2) PINGs quickly and correctly, then times out and shows Allocate Handle error=-16

When testing DATA SERVER communication test FOCAS2 correctly PINGs, logs in with user and password > "/NCDATA" is current directory.

I cannot retrieve system information, however, and therefore cannot cannot while in program transfer tool. I have tried several times on several PCs.

I believe I am missing the FOCAS2 option, or that there is a parameter missing to allow me to see this DNS1/Ethernet page to set the TCP Port #.

This machine was purchased second hand, from a company that I believe ran a small number of programs only from the PCMCIA card.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Hi there.
    Did you ever resolve this?
    Many thanks

Sam

Re: Fanuc 21i-B FOCAS2 Ethernet Settings/Program Transfer Tool

I have the same issue. Have you solved it, or does anyone else know how to resolve it?

Re: Fanuc 21i-B FOCAS2 Ethernet Settings/Program Transfer Tool

the data server option must be activated
    to see if you have data server activated ,you go and look in DIAGNOSIS at 1101.5 ,that bit must be 1
    if is not 1 you need to activate the option
    good luck