584,826 active members*
5,175 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

DM3000 SPINDLE BEARINGS

By chance dose anyone have an exploded drawing of the dm3000 head stock ? Dose anyone know the type and size of the spindle bearings ? Thank you all.

Re: DM3000 SPINDLE BEARINGS

Do you have the manual? The one I have for my mill isn't great, but it does have enough to get by on... barely. I'm guessing that the lathe manual is of similar content.

Yea it says don't replace the bearing send it in to get it serviced . Not the answer I was looking for.

Well.... Unfortunately that won't get you very far. :-(

So, there are a couple of suggestions here. First, there *are* some instructions out there on how to replace the bearings on a DM4400 (or DM4400m) mill. Yes, this is a different beast, but Dyna may have used some of the same techniques in the design. The bearings on the mill require that you fabricate a hydraulic injection system/dodad that kind of "blows apart" the cartridge, as best as I can describe. it is interesting. I'm guessing this is not as foreign an idea to others as it is to me, but it seemed kind of odd. It wouldn't surprise me if your lathe had a similar type of arrangement, though.

The next idea would be to contact Ricardo. He used to work for Dyna and might have some information. You probably want to throw him some dollars for his help though so that he continues to do so. His wife will give him a bad time if he spends too much time helping people and never gets anything in return. I can't guarantee that he'll have any technical docs that he can send you though. And as far as an email address.... I'll have to dig a bit to find it, but it is in this forum someplace. He is a nice guy and may have some ideas for you or even some part numbers....

Oh, I found bearings in China for my mill. It was either those for a few hundred dollars or SKS for a few thousand. Your lathe bearings are going to be substantially more beefy though, I would expect.... I hate to think what they'll cost.

He was the first place I tried . My machine dose not need bearing . Just trying to find the part numbers because I'm sure they used cheap bearings and I believe you can probably make your spindle better by using quality bearings. I bough a manual of ebay and there is no instructions on how to remove the spindle .There is a drawing . So one of these days I'll take it apart .According the drawings you would have to remove the rear nuts , the front bearing retainer plate and push the spindle out from the back .

Got it.... I understand that desire to get parts before they become unobtainium... I'm surprised that the parts listing didn't give information on the part numbers. That wasn't my experience with the mill but, again, it is a different animal.... I will say that I would not suggest taking any of this apart unless the bearing are in poor condition, though. My very strong sense is that you will destroy the bearing in the process of removing them. With installation, you can heat/cool strategically to get some tight tolerance working room. You don't have that option, of course, for removal.

Attachment 480314 It says bearing set ? I guess it uses three of the same bearings .FANIR 2/3 MM 9109WITUL TR 118

Quote Originally Posted by gabedrummin View Post
    Attachment 480314 It says bearing set ? I guess it uses three of the same bearings .FANIR 2/3 MM 9109WITUL TR 118
    If this is like the mill spindle, I'm guessing you are looking for a single bearing and a matched SET for the two that are backed up against one another.... You can also check out Mochu bearings on Aliexpress. Yeah, I know... Chinese stuff... But remember, this is a machine that was made in Taiwan (or China) to start with, so it probably has Chinese bearing in it already.

This post might be of interest to you: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/dyna-...ng-repair.html

In that, you'll see the listing for the DM4400 I have been referring to. In that case, the three bearing SET are all co-located. I can see how they'd be ground together into a set. In your case, the left bearing is out by itself, which is why I'm thinking a 'single bearing and a matched set'. But I suppose it is possible that they are, like the mill, a three bearing set that just has the one bearing offset. I don't think there would be much rationale to do that though, because the spacer won't be ground in there.