585,712 active members*
4,191 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fagor Automation > Issue Sending Program to Fagor 8025 Control

Issue Sending Program to Fagor 8025 Control

Hello, this post is my last hope in being able to send files from my computer to the control (spent 6 hours trying to do this). I have a NASA jig grinder with Fagor 8025 control. I will Paypal whoever can solve this for me $100.

I am using an "EZSync USB to RS232 (DB25 Male) CNC Programming Cable" with "Your Cable Store 80 Foot USB 2.0 High Speed Active Extension/Repeater Cable" to send/receive data. I am using DNC Precision (newest version).

I can receive data no problem. I turn DNS to off on the control and choose send to general device and will send the program to my computer.

The file extension I am using is ".pim". When I go to send a file it changes to "RECEIVING" and never changes to successfully sent. The kicker is, if I turn the control off while it still says RECEIVING and turn it back on I find that the program has been sent. Occasionally I get an error "105 : PROGRAM'S PARITY" only once I have powered off the machine and turned back on. I looked in the manual and it says the error could be caused from "This error comes up in the following cases:
    > A comment has more than 43 characters.
    > A program has been defined with more than 5 characters.
    > A block number has more than 4 characters.
    > Strange characters in memory."

I do not think that I have transgressed any of these rules.

I know if I have the incorrect file naming it won't send. I know it's %XXXXX at the beginning of the program. When I removed this file name at the beginning I got the error "DATA READ NOT VALID PROCESSING ABORTED". So I think I'm close.

I have attached the serial port settings from DNC Precision. I have also attached a program I uploaded from the control to the computer so I know it works. I also attached the raw data output of a program I was trying to send to the control.

I made sure DNS is set to "off" on the control and go to "2-INPUT FROM GENERAL DEVICE" and make sure the program # matches the top of the program "%XXXXX").

Essentially it seems like the file is in the process of sending but never stops. Sometimes when I restart the control the program is partially loaded and skips a few lines. I was thinking that I had some erroneous code in there so I just out the sequence numbers (N10 N20 N30), and it still gets stuck on "RECEIVING".

Any help is much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Serial Port Settings.jpg   Receiving.jpg   Programs Parity Error.jpg   Workig Program in Fagor Control.jpg  

Raw Data Output From Computer to Control.jpg  

Re: Issue Sending Program to Fagor 8025 Control

I think the issue is my usb to serial converter cable. I tried to delete this post but it won't let me.

Re: Issue Sending Program to Fagor 8025 Control

Quote Originally Posted by raymondo9 View Post
    I think the issue is my usb to serial converter cable. I tried to delete this post but it won't let me.
    ...yes, usb to rs232 convertors can be the problem. Buy a name brand ...trusted USA type. (if possible.heehaw)
    https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/shop...RrpBEdstn7rV7Q

...try deleting the % or adding a blank line to the start of the program...aka format error of sending to CNC vs to PC format