585,975 active members*
4,566 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Stuck on Machine Configuration screen

Stuck on Machine Configuration screen

I have a Hurco KM-3P that I cannot get past the Machine Configuration screen.

On start up, the first thing that shows on the screen is "Executing Power Up Diagnostics - Please Wait"

Next, It moves to the **Machine Configuration** window.
    Listed on the screen:
    Maximum X Travel 610.000 MM
    Maximum Y Travel 355.000 MM
    Calibrate Direction X Right, Y Back.
    On the bottom of that screen, it says "Caution: Machine configuration defaults have been loaded and must be verified or reset before continuing"

The only soft key available is "8" or EXIT.

I can "enter" or "advance" through all of the settings. I can change the Maximum Travel numbers... When I'm at the "Calibrate Direction", soft key options come up, and I can change the direction with the soft keys.

I cannot EXIT this screen... Pushing the EXIT soft key does move the cursor, but it doesn't exit... Selecting "8" and "enter" does the same thing as just pushing the soft key.

A comment on another website told someone to push 999 and enter, but all that does is shows (1) "9" in the first soft key box, and hitting enter, says 9 is out of range, must be 1 - 8.

Anyone have any idea's I can try?

Thanks,
    Charlie

Re: Stuck on Machine Configuration screen

Quote Originally Posted by cNcCharlie View Post
    I have a Hurco KM-3P that I cannot get past the Machine Configuration screen.

On start up, the first thing that shows on the screen is "Executing Power Up Diagnostics - Please Wait"

Next, It moves to the **Machine Configuration** window.
    Listed on the screen:
    Maximum X Travel 610.000 MM
    Maximum Y Travel 355.000 MM
    Calibrate Direction X Right, Y Back.
    On the bottom of that screen, it says "Caution: Machine configuration defaults have been loaded and must be verified or reset before continuing"

The only soft key available is "8" or EXIT.

I can "enter" or "advance" through all of the settings. I can change the Maximum Travel numbers... When I'm at the "Calibrate Direction", soft key options come up, and I can change the direction with the soft keys.

I cannot EXIT this screen... Pushing the EXIT soft key does move the cursor, but it doesn't exit... Selecting "8" and "enter" does the same thing as just pushing the soft key.

A comment on another website told someone to push 999 and enter, but all that does is shows (1) "9" in the first soft key box, and hitting enter, says 9 is out of range, must be 1 - 8.

Anyone have any idea's I can try?

Thanks,
    Charlie
    Well, got that part! The 999 does work, just needs the right order of button pushing to make it happen. Tried so many combinations, I'm not sure exactly what I did when it did work!

Re: Stuck on Machine Configuration screen

Press enter 999 enter